Nascar Fantasy 2016

aspeck

Staff member
Join the fun ... at present there are 20 people in the league. The more the merrier! Get your team logged in and roster set before the Feb 21st Daytona 500.

http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/join/iboats

It's gonna be lots of fun again this year. How many ribs will FlaCowboy through on the track for cautions? How much cheating and manipulating of the standing will GA_Boater try (and how many breakfasts will he have to make THE Admiral)? Add some excitement to your "Left Turn Sundays" (and occasional Saturday Nights and rain delay Mondays). It's a real gas!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Mr, Speck. :D

Right now all you can do is join and picks start after the entry list is put together or the after Qualifying this Sunday. The first race picks for Daytona are not like the rest of the year.

I do not cheat. I use the ever changing rules to my advantage! This year the fake exhaust pipes under the rear bumper are potato cannons. :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member
No, GA, you do not cheat, but you have had to make breakfast several times ... we do appreciate Humpty Wheeler's weekly NASCAR expository on the coming weeks' schedules ... a venerable who's who in the racing world.

GA_Boater

Head to the butcher, Cowboy! 2 more - 22 in the league. Boy, you are going to be busy tossing the bones! :D

64osby

Admiral
Looks like I'm entered by default, guess I'll have to suffer through another year of horse hockey, bull chip, rib bones and cheating scandals. :facepalm:

Count me in. :D

Still trying to line up my sponsors for the first race. Was hoping to have Lexus "Slide" Hoverboards signed up, but they balked when when they calculated what it would cost to upgrade all the tracks.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Head to the butcher, Cowboy! 2 more - 22 in the league. Boy, you are going to be busy tossing the bones! :D

Ha...!!! I have been stocking up on slabs waiting for the green flag...:D

Am I reading the new rules correctly...? Only 40 drivers to take the green flag from now on...?
With less drivers to choose from and more folks in our league equals closer points racing...:eek: I better go start a Big Batch of BBQ Sauce...I think I am gonna need it...now to figure out how to get it into the car and past the inspections...:D

GA_Boater

Cowboy - Send this to your Nascar Fantasy Live lawyer and let him 'splain it to you. :lol: The only good thing out of it is all the provisional spots seem to be gone. So if Gordon shows up at Martinsville, he will be treated like one of Open (non-charter) teams and he will have to qualify in with no spot guaranteed like the past.

It also looks like the three G-W-C limit is gone and cautions before crossing the Overtime line start another G-W-C attempt and they keep trying until the leader crosses the Overtime line before a yellow drops.

NASCAR FAST FACTS - 2016 Procedural Changes:
Maximum Field Sizes / Corresponding New Points Systems
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Maximum 40-car field (36 Charter team cars, 4 Open team cars), race winner awarded 40 points, 40th place awarded one point.
NASCAR XFINITY Series - Maximum 40-car field, race winner awarded 40 points, 40th place awarded one point.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series - Maximum 32-truck field, race winner awarded 32 points, 32nd place awarded one point
New points systems apply to driver, owner, and manufacturer championships. Existing 2015 Bonus points remain in place for 2016.
Qualifying - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Daytona 500 Specific
- Thirty-six Charter teams will be assigned a starting position
- Four Open teams are eligible for starting positions
o The highest finishing Open team in each Can-Am Duel race earns a starting position
o The final two starting positions are awarded to Open teams based on Coors Light Pole Qualifying if not already a top finisher in a Duel race
- Qualifying sets the front row for the Daytona 500 and the starting lineup for the Can-Am Duel fields, with the number of Charter team and Open team cars split evenly throughout both races
- If qualifying is cancelled due to weather, the top two finishing Open teams from each Can-Am Duel race earn starting positions in the Daytona 500
- If the second Can-Am Duel race is cancelled due to weather, the highest finishing Open team from the first race earns a starting position, with the other three Open teams determined by qualifying
- If both Can-Am Duel races are cancelled due to weather, qualifying determines all four Open teams
- If qualifying and both Can-Am Duel races are cancelled due to weather, the combined practice speeds are used to determine the four Open teams
- If all on-track activity prior to the race is cancelled due to weather, 2015 Owner points will be used to determine the four Open teams
All Other Championship Race events
- Thirty-six Charter teams will be assigned a starting position and four Open teams are eligible for starting positions.
- Qualifying results will determine the Open team starting positions assuming the event is run as scheduled
- If qualifying is cancelled due to weather, the combined practice speeds determine the four Open teams
- If practice and qualifying are cancelled due to weather, Owner points determine the four Open teams (events 1-3 revert to 2015 Owner points)
(looks like no more past champion provisional)
NASCAR Overtime
For all three NASCAR national series, a race may be concluded with overtime, consisting of a new procedure for a green-white-checkered flag finish featuring an "overtime line." The location of the overtime line will vary by track.
After taking the green on the overtime restart, if the leader then passes the overtime line on the first lap under green before a caution comes out (a "clean restart"), it will be considered a valid green-white-checkered attempt. However, if a caution comes out before the leader passes the overtime line on the first lap under green, it will not be considered a valid attempt, and a subsequent attempt will be made. If necessary, multiple subsequent attempts will be made until a valid attempt occurs.
Once a valid attempt is achieved (clean restart), it will become the only attempt at a green-white-checkered finish. If a caution comes out at any time during the valid green-white-checkered attempt, the field will be frozen and the checkered/yellow or checkered/red displayed to cars at the finish line.(NASCAR)(2-11-2016)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
And here are the teams with Charters that are good for 9 years. Basically 36 teams guaranteed a starting spot as of today. You can sell Charters at anytime at any price the other team is willing to pay. The Charter assignment is based on the performance of each team during the last 3 years..... What I see it's good for sponsors. They know if the team their sponsoring has a Charter, they'll be racing in all the events leading up to the Chase.....

NASCAR Charter teams
(Listed by historical inception of race team entity, then numerical)
2015 Car #2016 Car #Organization
4343Richard Petty Motorsports
944Richard Petty Motorsports
33Richard Childress Racing
2727Richard Childress Racing
3131Richard Childress Racing
22Team Penske
2222Team Penske
55Hendrick Motorsports
2424Hendrick Motorsports
4848Hendrick Motorsports
8888Hendrick Motorsports
66Roush Fenway Racing
1616Roush Fenway Racing
1717Roush Fenway Racing
11Chip Ganassi Racing
4242Chip Ganassi Racing
1111Joe Gibbs Racing
1818Joe Gibbs Racing
2020Joe Gibbs Racing
15TBD/19Michael Waltrip Racing to Joe Gibbs Racing
55TBD/41Michael Waltrip Racing to Stewart Haas Racing
44Stewart-Haas Racing
1010Stewart-Haas Racing
1414Stewart-Haas Racing
7878Furniture Row Racing
3534Front Row Motorsports
3838Front Row Motorsports
4747JTG Daugherty Racing
77Tommy Baldwin Racing
1313Germain Racing
3232Go Fas Racing
2323BK Racing
8383BK Racing
6262Premium Motorsports
3395Circle Sport Racing
5115HScott Motorsports

Last edited by a moderator:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Cowboy - Send this to your Nascar Fantasy Live lawyer and let him 'splain it to you. :lol: The only good thing out of it is all the provisional spots seem to be gone. So if Gordon shows up at Martinsville, he will be treated like one of Open (non-charter) teams and he will have to qualify in with no spot guaranteed like the past.

No need for me to spend big $`s on a Fantasy Lawyer when I got you to splain it to me for nuttin...:laugh:

I wonder what Nascar will do with the extra $`s they are saving in not paying the last three positions ( 43 down to 40 ). Last year those 3 positions payed out almost $900,000.00 in the Daytona 500 alone :eek:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

No need for me to spend big $`s on a Fantasy Lawyer when I got you to splain it to me for nuttin...:laugh:

I wonder what Nascar will do with the extra $`s they are saving in not paying the last three positions ( 43 down to 40 ). Last year those 3 positions payed out almost $900,000.00 in the Daytona 500 alone :eek:

Let me spell it out for you, Cowboy. Folding money for the France's when the Cup series visits Vegas and the Vegas Cup banquet! :rolleyes: <- Should that be snake eyes? :D

Musky - I changed up the chart for the MWR charters to their new owners, SHR and Gibbs.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I heard SHR was acquiring a Charter, now I know from whom....Thanks!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I guess these Charters can be leased too. Lease it for a weekend for x amount and make some bucks.....

GA_Boater

I guess these Charters can be leased too. Lease it for a weekend for x amount and make some bucks.....

This gets sillier and sillier!

Wonder what it takes to lose a charter. Not competing should cause one to be revoked and if an owner leases a charter, is that still considered competing?

It's being reported that Premium leased their single charter to HScott. Premium is denying. :noidea:

And Vickers is entered as the driver for #14. What a farce!

GA_Boater

It looks like Premium did lease their charter to HScott. Annett is entered in the 500 under the HScott banner.

GA_Boater

There ya go. You answered your own ?

Only because I have to fend for myself. I'm ignored in this forum. Is it because I eat g̶u̶m̶m̶y̶ worms all day? :rolleyes: LOL

I kept looking for the D500 entry list and right after I posted about Premium, there it was. :doh: