CHECK YOU TIRE PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!

foodfisher

Captain
"Does anyone remove their wheels and place the boat trailer on blocks for the winter?" Did that once. Stacked the tires on the floor. Peeled the paint off when moved..

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Does anyone remove their wheels and place the boat trailer on blocks for the winter?
back you lol tires on a piece of plywood, year round. Pavement sucks the something out of 'em causing dry rot.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I've been wondering ... Your front tires wear out faster then the rear tires ... You take it in for a balance and rotation but if the front are just a little more worn than the rear they won't rotate them ... Still have plenty of tread but they still won't rotate .... :cold:
I rotate my own unless am going in for balancing. Even back when I was running 38" mudders; you have to be some kind of mechanic to put a wrench on my stuff - meaning....... :nod:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We went from PSI to PSA. We "could" have a whole conversation on PSAs........ And their validity.......

aspeck

Staff member
I just sent a PSA to the newspaper and local radio stations. Hoping for some free advertisement ... we are talking Public Service Announcements, right?

aspeck

Staff member
Wife just called ... 30 miles away, tire pressure at 15 ... she filled tire to 38PSI and 1 hour later it was at 30 ... snowing. Told her to fill it up before leaving for home ... guess what I need to deal with tonight ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Those amber alerts always catch me by surprise ! Had one go off the second I was plugging my phone in the other day ... I thought I was electrocuted ! :fear:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
in other words, get your PSA checked ASAP! been there, done that... again lol last Wednesday.
And these Amber Alerts, shouldn't they be Red? and these Red Alerts the National Weather Service send out (EBS) - I've never timed 'em, but it seems like a good 15 seconds before they actually tell you that a tornado is headed your way. What's up with that???

angus63

Captain
Wife just called ... 30 miles away, tire pressure at 15 ... she filled tire to 38PSI and 1 hour later it was at 30 ... snowing. Told her to fill it up before leaving for home ... guess what I need to deal with tonight ...
Rough night for that. It is brutally cold and my daughter came home last night with a soft tire. I hate paying for what I can handle, but the weather made me cave in and she is on her way to the tire center this morning. Just filling up the tire earlier made me shiver and not regret the cost.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And these Amber Alerts, shouldn't they be Red?

Amber alerts aren't a reference to color. They are called that as a result of the child abduction and unfortunately, the unsolved murder of Amber Hagerman in 1994 and the establishment of the alert system nationally in her name. The Wiki.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I knew that, GA. Was more referring to the sense of urgency in these matters - when seconds count in any emergency

WIMUSKY

Staff member
PSI to PSA to Amber Alerts and Red Alerts, cool. This thread has it all.... :)