CHECK YOU TIRE PRESSURE!!!!!!!!!

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
this has been a Public Service Announcement - thank you

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I do everytime I hit the tire pressure link on the trucks computer...

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
^^^ lucky you, just was thinking about all the things often overlooked or forgotten about. Signal lights etc...; and the prop nut for us power boaters!!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Haha. Actually, I've checked it against my gauge and the computer is right on.

aspeck

Staff member
Just fill the tires with foam and you don't have to worry about air pressure!:facepalm:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I recently took the Blazer in for a tire rotation, balance and check. And interesting seeing tire pressure sensors on display to replace problematic factory versions on the new computer monitored vehicles. There were replacement sensors being offered to correct some not so good factory units. I laughed to myself thinking that we went from checking your tire pressure with a cheap tire pressure gauge occasionally, to a computer monitored system with expensive sensors in each wheel/tire setup. And then I honestly wondered if we have really progressed or not. :noidea:

Seems the more we rely on computers to help make it through our days, the more complicated are days become. And honestly, I am not so sure that is a better way some times. When you price these new sensors and see that they cost more then some tires, are we really smarter? JMHO!

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
like they say, "at times, being a genius could come in handy". I'm no genius, just lack common sense; just look at my posts :lol:
it isn't funny how what ever turns out to be the most expensive way becomes what people think is the best way.

It was my dad that schooled me on tire pressure - any time the mean daily temperature varies 10*, you should check 'em. Might sound kind of extreme, but you'd be surprised at how often they change. People have told me that they don't drive Daytona - "really? what are you up against on the interstate?" my not so humble opinion :lol: concerning road safety

bassman284

Commander
I recently took the Blazer in for a tire rotation, balance and check. And interesting seeing tire pressure sensors on display to replace problematic factory versions on the new computer monitored vehicles. There were replacement sensors being offered to correct some not so good factory units. I laughed to myself thinking that we went from checking your tire pressure with a cheap tire pressure gauge occasionally, to a computer monitored system with expensive sensors in each wheel/tire setup. And then I honestly wondered if we have really progressed or not. :noidea:

Seems the more we rely on computers to help make it through our days, the more complicated are days become. And honestly, I am not so sure that is a better way some times. When you price these new sensors and see that they cost more then some tires, are we really smarter? JMHO!
Like I always say, the GOOD news is, I have tire pressure monitors on my Jeep. The BAD news is, I have tire pressure monitors on my Jeep. They are kind of handy but they drive me crazy. I can't resist looking at the readings frequently and it drives me nuts when they aren't all exactly the same. And they never are. They're close enough that when I check them with a gauge they are pretty close to the same, within a half pound or so. The TPM rounds.

foodfisher

Captain
check you R what? still alive? Am always checking the R gap between my ears!! keeps getting bigger! :facepalm: :lol:
Just spell checking your original title.:photo:.As long as the synapses are snapping, the gap is good.

Stackmoney86

Cadet
I hate the fact both my vehicles are monitored by the computer. Wife's car they have it set to go off ONE pound under the recommended pressure.

I hate it because I never use it. Only use it to warn me of a flat. I TRY to get out monthly and check my gauge.

aspeck

Staff member
I just checked the air pressure in my tires on my laptop, then on my tablet, and then again on my phone. All three said all four were good.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I've been wondering ... Your front tires wear out faster then the rear tires ... You take it in for a balance and rotation but if the front are just a little more worn than the rear they won't rotate them ... Still have plenty of tread but they still won't rotate .... :cold: