Super Bowl 50

64osby

Admiral
An giant "L" might look strange at the award platform.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did anyone see Newton's post game on ESPN? What a dxxk and a-hole. 3 minutes and left. I don't think he even gave any congrats to Denver. Steve Young didn't say anything nice about Newton afterwards.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Did see Payton give Papa John's owner a hand shake / shoulder bump. Free pizza for Payton.
Since Peyton owns a ton of Papa Johns franchises, I think he can get a free pizza on his own.

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Great example of : "Defense wins championships"
I should have laid money on it, I told my wife all week that the Broncos would stop Cam and win and Von Miller was
a man on a mission and would be unstoppable.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Did anyone see Newton's post game on ESPN? What a dxxk and a-hole. 3 minutes and left. I don't think he even gave any congrats to Denver. Steve Young didn't say anything nice about Newton afterwards.

No I didn't. can you post it up? It was pathetic when Cam fumbled and instead of diving for the ball he backed away. What a wuss..... Denver's D totally took Cam out of his game..... I think is halo went dim..... :lol:

The game wasn't too exciting, but it wasn't the most boring. All the blowout games would take that title. And there have been a bunch...

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Late for this SB party, but just wanted to say Carolina totally choked, deer in the headlights style. Denver gets a lot of credit with their overpowering defense. I thought Manning was reasonably steady but nothing outstanding. Wondering if he will hang up the cleats at this point. :no idea:

Half time show was kind of boring, commercials were fair, a few OK, a few not so good.

Bottom line is . . . Defense wins championships. :thumb:

angus63

Captain
that was probably the most boring SB i have watched but glad denver won.
This is how I felt too. Everything about this Super Bowl was lackluster at best, including the pre game, half time, offenses, commercials, and post game. Only plus was the outcome. I have until August to get the bad taste to dissipate. February is a brutal (sports) month in the North East.

GA_Boater

No I didn't. can you post it up? It was pathetic when Cam fumbled and instead of diving for the ball he backed away. What a wuss..... Denver's D totally took Cam out of his game..... I think is halo went dim..... :lol:

The game wasn't too exciting, but it wasn't the most boring. All the blowout games would take that title. And there have been a bunch...

I think this tweet sums it up;

dab.PNG

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks GA. I can't imagine what it feels like to lose the SB, but still...... MVP? Sure didn't act like it..... He just got a reality check.....

jbcurt00

Staff member
Perhaps it will help him realize MVPs help TEAMS win big games.

Like Denver's Miller ;)

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade

as soon as I heard 'em say that Cam came out of Auburn, I knew it was over for Carolina. His response to that fumble was totally "in character".

NYBo

Admiral
Did this one set a record for turnovers and/or penalties? Like I said before, ugly!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Did this one set a record for turnovers and/or penalties? Like I said before, ugly!
I agree. I was up in the mountains so I watched the first half and drove home listening to the second half on the radio. I was glad I didn't stick around to watch the second.

We had XM radio going so we listened to the Bronco station. Surprisingly, they weren't homers.

GA_Boater

Here they are;

SUPER BOWL RECORDS SET IN SUPER BOWL 50
Oldest Quarterback To Start – 39, Peyton Manning
Oldest Quarterback To Win – 39, Peyton Manning
Longest Punt Return – 61 yards, Jordan Norwood
Most Times Sacked, Game, Both Teams – 12, Carolina vs. Denver
Fewest Total Yards, Game, Winning Team – 194, Denver
SUPER BOWL RECORDS TIED IN SUPER BOWL 50
Most Sacks, Game (Since 1982) – 3, Kony Ealy
Most Fumble Recoveries, Game – 2, Danny Trevathan
Most Touchdowns, Fumble Recoveries, Game – 1, Malik Jackson
Most Two-Point Conversions, Game – 1, Bennie Fowler
Most Games, Team – 8, Denver

And Manning is the winningest QB with 200 wins.