Smoke (For NASCAR fans)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Smoke's replacement driver is Ricky Stenhouse Jr.........sorta. Stenhouse is replacing smoke in the Unlimited since Smoke can't drive this Saturday.

Casey Mears will take Jeff Gordon's spot since he won't be competing either.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Smoke's replacement driver is Ricky Stenhouse Jr.........sorta. Stenhouse is replacing smoke in the Unlimited since Smoke can't drive this Saturday.

Casey Mears will take Jeff Gordon's spot since he won't be competing either.

I'm waiting on a thread about all this charter business that was announced yesterday...... What's taking you so long????:D

aspeck

Staff member
I'm waiting on a thread about all this charter business that was announced yesterday...... What's taking you so long????:D

Just waiting for you to hijack a different thread and bring it up!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Looks like it is being confirmed that Brian Vickers will be taking over Smokes car for at least the 500 and they are trying to get the car into the unlimited with Brian.

GA_Boater

I don't think you can have a replacement driver for the Unlimited. It's a "reward" for the driver, not the team or car. When I said earlier that Stenhouse was Smoke's replacement driver...sorta, He isn't a replacement driver, he is the next eligible driver in line to fill the field of 25. Mears was the next eligible driver to fill Gordon's spot.

Now what am I supposed to say about Nascar's little closed country club?

36 cars are guaranteed a starting spot. no matter how bad they are. As long as you have enough money you can buy your way in, as SHR did for the 41 and Gibbs did for the 19. Qualifying should be drawing straws for the 36 and have real qualifying runs for the remaining 4 spots, since the field is now only 40. Try to break in to Nascar now - You're shafted.

We won't know how D500 qualifying will be be run because it won't be announced until tomorrow. Will the field be 40 or 43? Are the club members given a guaranteed starting spot and the heck with the teams that have no card, but have been spending time and money getting ready for this season.

GA_Boater

Looks like it is being confirmed that Brian Vickers will be taking over Smokes car for at least the 500 and they are trying to get the car into the unlimited with Brian.

They can't even wait until the season begins before they start changing rules. Stenhouse must be feeling good about now. Still no word if Vickers is cleared medically.

Is Hendrick trying to get Elliott into the 24 for the Unlimited? Why not, Hendrick has a charter!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
They announced that Vickers has been cleared to race about an hour ago.