E-Bay listings

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Most of us that tinker in old boats and motors spend some time at E-bay sorting thru and searching sometimes just out of curiosity. I use the search function and get frustrated when I do a search on vintage aluminum boats and I get 2 pages of gravy bowls. I was weeding thru a search for vintage boat parts and saw a listing for a vintage metal light boat guard. I normally laugh to myself but I felt compelled for some reason to message the seller that what they had listed was a cup or can holder that swivels so the beverage does not spill. The seller messaged back saying that it was my opinion of what it was.

Anybody else ever get frustrated? I figure it is my version of weeding the garden in the winter, you sort thru the weeds and hope to find something to harvest at some point.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
DeepC, I too find it funny how you can search on EBay for things and then do the exact same search after signing on, and get two totally different search results. That does make me wonder. I also wonder how you can type in a outboard part number looking for a part and get things with the exact same part number that has nothing in common with an engine part. Some times it is a crap shoot. :pound:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I was weeding thru a search for vintage boat parts and saw a listing for a vintage metal light boat guard. I normally laugh to myself but I felt compelled for some reason to message the seller that what they had listed was a cup or can holder that swivels so the beverage does not spill. The seller messaged back saying that it was my opinion of what it was.
That's funny. You have a link to the auction?

EDIT: I found it...hilarious!

I sent him a a link to this:
http://www.amazon.com/Attwood-11670...s&qid=1244166870&tag=attwoodmarine-20&sr=1-73

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
There used to be a website that did a search for you with popular misspellings of the item you are searching for. I often do that myself and have gotten good deals on things that were horribly misspelled and people never saw his auction. I think eBay has gotten a little smarter with their search tool to find those now. Depends on how bad the misspelling is.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I sent him a link to the Attwood drink holder on Amazon that was $10 brand new and he replied thanks and he ended his auction..

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Well that ended well, now if I could get rid of the gravy boats when I am searching for aluminum boats.