BLAZING SADDLES

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Weather or not it happened to you, it happened to me... I spend more time indoors because I'm not working. Whether or not you're a PC Guru, this may or may not help if you've already on Windows 10. And it does help with other Windows
https://youtu.be/20XlwFb_XwA

35 minutes long but stopping to make notes, quite longer!! :lol: Wasn't much of a difference, but well worth the time imho

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK, been messing around online for a few now. My speeds are back to where they were, maybe plus one? :D
Sooory! just clicked on the link and it starts where I left off when I copied the link

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Based on the title of this thread, I thought you'd be talking about the movie produced by Mel Brooks . . . :)

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Based on the title of this thread, I thought you'd be talking about the movie produced by Mel Brooks . . . :)
yeah, it's some that association thing - he said "blazing speed" and that's what came to mind. I saw that movie at the drive in when it came out; didn't think much of it then either!! Most, if not all of my titles are ......... something???

I was really disappointed with W-10 at first and still am just a little. At least, my webcam works again; not that I ever use it, no need.

tpenfield

Staff member
I'm OK with Windows 10 and have not experienced any speed issues. I am running it on an i5 w/ 8 GB RAM . . . not sure if that makes a difference.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I got all excited abput the title too as the Admiral and I watched our copy of the movie the other night.:pop2: I was slightly dissapointed that you were referring to win 10:pout:.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I got all excited abput the title too as the Admiral and I watched our copy of the movie the other night.:pop2: I was slightly dissapointed that you were referring to win 10:pout:.
sorry lol, I've found that either you like Mel or ya don't. I'm indifferent and that's OK. Not everyone likes Monty Python, and that's OK too.
The opinions of W-10 are certain to go both ways as well, or the third in the middle of "I don't care". This particular video I liked and was helpful because I know beans about a computer.

PS: a drama student and a Thespian at the time literally ruined a lot of movies for me

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
tpenfield my mind left back in the late '60's early '70's and have no idea what you just said!!! :lol:

tpenfield

Staff member

Yea, Blazing Saddles, that's what we're talking about . . .

:D

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
Awww hell, somebody's gotta go get a sh*tload of dimes

I watched this again about 2 weeks ago. I just had too many lines going through my head and had to whip it out.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Awww hell, somebody's gotta go get a sh*tload of dimes

I watched this again about 2 weeks ago. I just had too many lines going through my head and had to whip it out.
yea.. they do stick with ya.... Just been doing a lot of beans lately and leaving the Ramen Noodles alone!! Maybe that's why I thought of Blazing Saddles? :facepalm: :lol:

Last edited:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
and then!! they continue to supply me with notifications that I haven't done this, or haven't done that. Then I do this and my computer does that :mad-new: :lol: and I have to do system restore.... It's a vicious cycle! lol AND THEN, they ask me a bunch of survey questions that I always give the lowest mark for.
I think they finally got the message when they asked if I would recomend W-10 to others.
Depends, friend or enemy? :rolleyes:

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
sorry lol, I've found that either you like Mel or ya don't. I'm indifferent and that's OK. Not everyone likes Monty Python, and that's OK too.
The opinions of W-10 are certain to go both ways as well, or the third in the middle of "I don't care". This particular video I liked and was helpful because I know beans about a computer.

PS: a drama student and a Thespian at the time literally ruined a lot of movies for me

Howdy,

So far I have "upgraded" 4 different laptops to WIN 10. 1 of them was running 8.x and the other three WIn7. No real problems at all. the one with 8 was a year or so old and the other three were 5 or more years old. The oldest one (A DELL XFR D630) has an SSD installed.

The biggest difference I see is it's a little faster booting up and shutting down and applications launch a tad faster. The DELL had WIN7 Ultimate and the other 3 had "Home" on them.

The computer I am using to post this right now is an HP dm4-2033cl I got from Costco I bought for my wife about 4 years ago. It's got 8gb Ram and a 500gb drive. When I did the "upgrade" did a FULL download and install, formatting the drive as I went, saving nothing. When I did the DELL XFR D630, I saved all my files and settings, theme, pictures etc. It still "looks" like it did before.

After I finished the install for this laptop, I pulled the drive and put it back in the cabinet. (I normally run OpenSuSE x64 Linux on this computer)

I would recommend Win10 to any of my non-computer literate friends. When they ask questions about what to send to MS I tell them to send nothing.......it's none of their damm bizness!

Cheers,

Rick

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Howdy,

Cheers,

Rick
yeah, howdy and cheers!! My complaints are mostly in jest and just something to do. I'm old school and never really even learned to type. It's the challenge I enjoy :lol: My laptop is at least six years old and needs more memory; and so do I. Most everything I do online is not much more than a mental exercise for me. I've gotten by without the internet for most of my life. Other than iboats.... I have very little need for a computer.

It's kinda like growing up on an old Zebco and then switching to a baitcaster; and it's your first time out. And I still use my old Zebco if I'm serious Bass fishing. I wouldn't tournament fish that way, but tournament fishing is not Bass fishing IMHO