Another ER Trip

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Hang in there til Thurs. Rest up and if she asks, be honest w the Admiral when you self assess ;)

Yes sir with out a doubt. Tonight I started with some acid reflux and she looked at me and said, "don't you dare"! That's the way it all started Tuesday.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I found it hard to understand it, but taking good care of myself is one of the ways I can show mine I care about her.

As we dont have kids, that extends to the dogs too.

Come on Thurs, I should be able to see all of both SUVs by then...

Good luck.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yes sir with out a doubt. Tonight I started with some acid reflux and she looked at me and said, "don't you dare"! That's the way it all started Tuesday.
Is the acid reflux post or pre your heart condition? What I mean is this something that you started having after your first heart attack?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Interesting you mentioned that, I woke up about 2am with a mouthful. I think it went back down quicker than it came up... And it always tastes so good....Yuck..... Makes a guy shoot up in bed real quick....

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Just got back from the Dr. visit and not much news. 3 new drugs and away we go. Still no one can answer as to what happened or why.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Just got back from the Dr. visit and not much news. 3 new drugs and away we go. Still no one can answer as to what happened or why.

Well the really important thing is you're doing great. :thumb:

Some times all their "testing" yields nothing that points to an answer. I do remember when I had my hip replaced the surgeon/doctor told me I had Avascular Necrosis of the Right Femoral Head. I said okay, what causes that. He stated excess alcohol. I told him I never drank ever, not even a single beer or ever smoked either. So he said then I have Idiopathic Avascular Necrosis of the Right Femoral Head. Meaning they have no idea! So they don't know everything. DUH!

But you are doing well and that is really what counts. :thumb:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Well I can say I'm maintaining and that's about all. Get to start wearing a nitro patch 12 hrs. a day. Also just found out these 3 new drugs are going to be $212.00 after insurance. Very affordable for sure.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
seems like a hundred years ago now, but it isn't... My dad and I were talking and he says "I can't understand "why" they aren't able to figure out what's wrong with me"
For years he himself had researched his issues; and knew his case as well as anyone. In his pursuit, he'd been to the VCU Pain Clinic, Riverside Hospital, John Hopkins, Mayo, Duke, UNC Hospital, and more.
Do they know you have insurance?
Angrily at my stupid question, "YES!"
There you have it...
He thought a minute and said "maybe you're right"

A few years later when I was traveling/working out of state, I popped in to Hospice at three AM. As a frequent visitor, the nurse on duty recognized me and immediately approached saying, "your dad is OK"
Infuriated, what do you mean he's OK?
"sorry, I mean we have him off all medication and he's on oxygen only"
Shaking my head, I walked off to see him....
After YEARS of being some sort of guinea pig for every treatment "they" could come up with; he is now OK without the meds and crap that was forced upon him. I really hope that I die in my sleep..
But if I want to keep going, I too, have to take meds and rely on people that have another agenda - other than increasing the quality of Life