No! Emergency ;) :) :) :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That's the beauty of being anywhere south. Here one day gone the next....:caked:

Still have it on the ground here. Granted we only got a heavy dusting and the shaded areas are all that's left.

In a week, highs back up in the 60's. I'll suffer! :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Still have it on the ground here. Granted we only got a heavy dusting and the shaded areas are all that's left.

In a week, highs back up in the 60's. I'll suffer! :D

Try and push thru.......:rolleyes:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Hey! I used to live in Frederick, MD. And that's one of the reasons I left there and moved here! (Looks like Amber Meadows in that pic?)

not sure only went there the first time we met. Up and to the left is about all I remember.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
29 degrees here again this morning. Bird water dishes were frozen once more. Funny to watch the birds checking it out. But, we got fresh water out there quickly. Then they start fighting over the water instead of the seeds. :D

alldodge

Staff member
Managed to get our local road cleared so the few folks here to get out. Latter on about supper time go figure here comes the county truck, he pulls in, turns around and leaves (nothing for him to do). Was looking last night at the street light and it looked like light rain. Go out side and don't here anything, go one the short side of the deck (4 steeps), first step ok, second step legs go flying and I land on the third step ouch, just my pride.

It's 18 now, should get up to 49 today

southkogs

Staff member
You're making a bigger jump in temps than we are AD, but we're headed to the same landing spot. Nashville is still kinda' sloppy (for us), but with rain moving in tonight we'll be a puddle as opposed to a pile pretty quickly.

alldodge

Staff member
Rain coming here also, wonder how many will loose gutters this time around

tpenfield

Staff member
Just catching up on this thread, since I spent the last few days 'avoiding' the storm. Lots and lots of snow in places that normally don't see this much.

I saw on the Weather channel that Falmouth, MA (Cape Cod) got about a foot of wet snow, which was a bit surprising. So, I'll be planning to go to there this weekend to check on the 'summer' place . . . probably will need to bring a snowblower to clean things up.

alldodge

Staff member
Several docks collapsed under the snow load at lake Cumberland. This triple decker sank to the bottom, here it had just was at the first deck
10169169_1104113696265809_5739989429814426546_n.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Several docks collapsed under the snow load at lake Cumberland. This triple decker sank to the bottom, here it had just was at the first deck
State dock?

I think thats a 1st, never seen 1 go down at Cumberland. Used to be there repeatedly every spring, summer and fall for years. Plus a few winter teips.

Bummer

alldodge

Staff member
No not the state dock. The big houseboat was at Jamestown, there was also damage at Lees Ford, Middle Fork and Grider hill docks. A couple had damage at Dale Hollow last year but so far this year I have heard nothing

Edit: Green river also has damage

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Almost all my time was out of Grider.

Hope boats, docks and stuff is all that was lost.

aspeck

Staff member
After more plowing today, headed to State College to visit my mom ... State College is about 30 miles north of me. Was surprised ... about 5 or 6 inches of snow there. It was pretty crazy how narrow the bands of snow were ...