No! Emergency ;) :) :) :)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
OH NO - Ice and snow forecast for the local NW Atlanta area. I'm waiting for the Guv to declare a snow emergency like he did last year. He was a year late. And no snow! :eek:

I better head out for milk, beer and bread. :D

jbcurt00

Staff member
Man can not survive on bread and beer alone, better pick up some peanuts too.

Good luck, they're predicting the big chill and snow fall for Thurs PM into Fri here......

gm280

Supreme Mariner
GA if you haven't already gone to get the bread and milk, forget it. The selves are probably already bare. :eek:

GA_Boater

Schools are announcing closures. plow trucks are warming up and the brine trucks are brimming. Watch no flakes of the non-political type!

On the local news I saw all the prep. The brine trucks had infrared heaters lined up along the side. If you have to warm the brine, how well is it going to work once it hits subfreezing pavement? :confused:

Peanuts! Now that's forward thinking JB. :thumb:

thumpar

Admiral
Sounds like the Seattle area. They get any snow and everything is closed. I live on the other side of the state and have have probably 12" on the ground but it has snowed more. Christmas eve I drove 8 hours over the passes and did just fine with all the snow.

fhhuber

Lieutenant
OH NO - Ice and snow forecast for the local NW Atlanta area. I'm waiting for the Guv to declare a snow emergency like he did last year. He was a year late. And no snow! :eek:

I better head out for milk, beer and bread. :D

Mostly the beer of course...

bassman284

Commander
We have a couple of inches on the ground right now and there are not even any school delays on TV yet. Kind of a surprise. I would have thought that would be enough for at least a 2 hour delay. Last wek we had no snow but 8 to 10 below zero temps forecast which was enough to inspire 2 hour school delays for the next morning. Just enough to screw up the parents' lives without giving the kids a really useful break. Everybody is unhappy = success..

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Idaho: 2 ft of snow overnight. No one blinks.

Texas: One snowflake and everyone forgets how to drive. Wrecks all over the place.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Team coverage on the news this morning. The call it snow watch, and it has four sponsers aka advertisers

Tnstratofam

Commander
Most schools here in the mountains are closed. It is 18? here this morning, and is supposed to start snowing by 8 or 9. They're calling for 2 to 3 inches today maybe 4 to 6 in the higher elevations. I think the colder temps are the bigger problem this go round, but Friday could be real bad here. Possibly 8 to 10 inches are forecast depending on the track of the storm now over the midwest.

Oh and I'm sure the milk, bread, and eggs are long gone.

The Admiral just informed me that it just started snowing, and the road in front of our house is white. Oh joy!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
we have ice. Front porch needed to shuffle tot he car.

oh and local news 'storm watch' pre-empted CBS this Morning.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Got down to 29 here this morning.

And apparently the well pump switch froze up. Zero water pressure.

The boy was taking his shower and it stopped as he was rinsing. Had to get him ready and drop him off at school so couldn't mess with the water before leaving. When I got back home, the pressure was back to normal. Guess I need to insulate that switch.

GA_Boater

It sounds like you need help. Send me the address. ;)

Hurrry, I'm running loooow! Nd mur bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbr :eek:

It hasn't started, but the radar shows it getting closer.

Boy, the states to the north - Va, WV, DC - are going to get a bunch, as much as 2' (yes, FEET), as it moves up the East Coast. Please - Everybody be careful and stay home if you can.

tpenfield

Staff member
The Admiral and I are watching the weather coming up for the end of the week. We were planning on taking my FIL to FL for his annual snowbird stay, but it looks like the upcoming storm is supposed to dump BIG snowfall in the mid-Atlantic states . . .

Not sure they can clean up that much snow very quickly. :rolleyes: