Model Railroad And Other Stuff

RGrew176

Commander
Remember the two brothers, in Germany, who had a wonderful model railway that was something to see? This is an update for their German Wonderland.

A short review, it was started by two brothers as a place to show their hobby began to grow by leaps & bounds. Soon they were joined by other 'Model Railroad Clubs' and other craftsmen. Some were electricians, model makers, carpenters,computer programmers. Their wives would stop by to see what they were doing and usually bring them a lunch.

One thing led to another. Three of the ladies had worked at a bakery, several visitors would ask if they had a snack bar. The idea was planted; some of the carpenters came and built a nice restaurant area for the bakery and a kitchen, too. If the fresh coffee smell didn't get you, then the bakery definitely would.
Over 400,000 man hours were spent making this dream come true.

This was about 5 years ago. One of the breweries came and furnished all of the tables and chairs, serving counte, etc. Their latest finished area is the airport.

Planes look like they are flying and landing. GERMAN WONDERLAND IN HAMBURG link below - AMAZING!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ACkmg3Y64_s?rel=0

WIMUSKY

Staff member
No words can describe that setup. Can't imagine how many $$$$ went into it....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I've watched the vid 3 or 4 times. Awesome!

It has to be worth millions.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Truly amazing. Talk about attention to detail. I'm going to have to add seeing this to my bucket list. Thanks for posting the link.