Happy Thanksgiving!

lncoop

Vice Admiral
The birds have emerged from their bath (Boom's Brine of course:D) and are now having a sauna treatment/smoke bath. As soon as the temp steadies in a range I'm comfy with it's back to bed for a bit. Hope all my iboats family has a fantastic Thanksgiving.

aspeck

Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving, one and all! We have so much to be thankful, but sometimes we don't see how blessed we really are. Look for things to be thankful for today and share your thanks with others ...

I am Thankful for.........
....the taxes I pay because it means I?m employed.
....the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
....my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
....a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
....the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
....my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
....all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
....the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.
....the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
....the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I?m alive.
....the weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
A flat tire when it's -30 with 20mph winds and blowing snow because it means I have a car/truck.....:)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
[h=2]The 12 Days of Thanksgiving[/h] On the First Day of Thanksgiving...
We give thanks for the fresh turkey feast and its hot trimmings.
On the Second Day of Thanksgiving...
We bless the cold turkey sandwiches, sloshy cranberry sauce, and hard rolls.
On the Third Day of Thanksgiving...
We praise the turkey pie and vintage mixed veggies.
On the Fourth Day of Thanksgiving...
We thank the pilgrims for not serving bison that first time, or we'd be celebrating Thanksgiving until April.
On the Fifth Day of Thanksgiving...
We gobble up cubed bird casserole and pray for a glimpse of a naked turkey carcass.
On the Sixth Day of Thanksgiving...
We show gratitude (sort of) to the creative cook who slings cashews at the turkey and calls it Oriental.
On the Seventh Day of Thanksgiving...
We forgive our forefathers and pass the turkey-nugget pizza.
On the Eighth Day of Thanksgiving...
The word "vegetarian" keeps popping into our heads.
On the Ninth Day of Thanksgiving...
We check our hair to make sure we're not beginning to sprout feathers.
On the Tenth Day of Thanksgiving...
We hope that the wing meat kabobs catch fire under the broiler.
On the Eleventh Day of Thanksgiving...
We smile over the creamed gizzard because the thigh bones are in sight.
On the Twelfth Day of Thanksgiving...
We apologize for running out of turkey leftovers -- but everybody cheers.

southkogs

Staff member
By the President of the United States of America.
A Proclamation.

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God. In the midst of a civil war of unequalled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union. Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle or the ship; the axe has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consciousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom. No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the United States the Eighty-eighth.
By the President: Abraham Lincoln

Grateful for many things today - including the gang that makes these forums so much fun and helpful.

Best wishes to you all and your families on this fine Thanksgiving Day.

Last edited:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Happy Gobble Gobble day neighbours, still full from ours last month.

A piece or ten of bacon over the bird is some goooooood