NFL - Week 12

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Tomorrow is Turkey Day and a slew of games......
Eagles/Lions
Panthers/Cowboys
Bears/Packers

With all the tryptophan in most of us it will be hard to stay awake for all the games... :)

The Admiral pulled off 11 wins, great job! GA is cookin' again........:hungry:

'Speck remains on top followed by Musky. The Admiral and GA are tied for 3rd, hmmmmm. And Cowboy/12vMan are tied for 5th.

Good luck everyone......

Stay safe if you're traveling to see family members and/or friends. Don't forget to reflect on what you're thankful for and remember our troops who can't make it home..... We all have something to be thankful for, heck, if you're reading this be thankful you woke up this morn.... :) Now loosen up a notch on that belt and dig in...... :hungry:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Musky

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Admiral pulled off 11 wins, great job! GA is cookin' again........
hungry.gif

Don't I know it! :grumpy: I'm up to my armpits in brine. The love of my love won't even share her picks with me and tomorrow is our anniversary, :hug:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Happy Anniversary to you and the Admiral!!! Talk about having something to be thankful, you're a lucky man..... :)

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Who is the lucky one? :fish:

Yeah I deserve a clonk for that. :D

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Eagles are 6-0 on Thanksgiving Day. See what happens today.

GA_Boater

I was helping with cooking, so I only had the "pleasure" of watching on and off. And every time I got a glance Detroit was scoring. :doh:

aspeck

Staff member
I so wanted to pick the Bears for the last game of today, but just couldn't do it. Now I am wishing that I had ...

GA_Boater

I so wanted to pick the Bears for the last game of today, but just couldn't do it. Now I am wishing that I had ...

Glad you stayed with GB or you would be on top by 3 games. I think most of us went with the Pack.

RGrew176

Commander
Whats happening with the world. The Detroit Lions are actually starting to look a bit respectable again. 3 wins in a row. We get Green Bay next Thursday night at home having already beat them in Green Bay. Should be a good game.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I keep looking for a Carolina upset. Maybe I need to stop trying to figure it out. It's bit me a couple times...

aspeck

Staff member
Whats happening with the world. The Detroit Lions are actually starting to look a bit respectable again. 3 wins in a row. We get Green Bay next Thursday night at home having already beat them in Green Bay. Should be a good game.

I think an even better question is, "What has happened to the Pack?" Losing 4 out of the last 5 games with the win coming against the Vikings???? What a crazy NFL year this is!

1st, I like the Bears. Having gone to college just outside of Chicago in the "Sweetness" era, how could you not like the Bears?

2nd, the Pack have looked more like Tampa Bay and less like Green Bay.

But in the end I just couldn't pick the Bears (Jay Culter, how can you be so good one day and so poor the next, you drive me crazy!:wacko::stupid::dance::topsy_turvy:)... and I lost my chance at stretching the lead. I played it "safe" and lost out on an opportunity ... :facepalm:

Go Bears! It was definitely the best game of the day ... all the others were, well, turkeys!:hungry:

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
Bart Starr showing up for Bret Farve made my eyes a little misty.

Too bad the Pack didn't finish off the final drive for the win. :facepalm:

Never bet against the Lions on Turkey Day.:D

aspeck

Staff member
Bart Starr showing up for Bret Farve made my eyes a little misty.

Yes, the Bart Starr moment was especially touching. Loved old #4 jumping off the podium to greet and hug Starr was special.

RGrew176

Commander
The Green Bay organization deserves a lot of kudos for bringing in Bart Starr to congratulate Bret Farve on his retirement. It was a totally classy move. Two of the greatest ever QB's sharing a moment in time that will be remembered for some time by those who were there and those who watched it on TV.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, I see I didn't make 4 picks. T-Day, hunting, getting a tree through me off. I knew to make Thu's and I did a few what I called locks. Had to make 1 late game now. O'well, down the list I shall go.....