Nascar Race #36 - iFL Championship Weekend At Homestead.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
2015 iboats Fantasy Live Recap

Another iboats Fantasy Live season is in the record books. Unlike some of the Cup drivers we picked with dreams of being crowned the 2015 Champion, none of the iboats competitors intentionally wrecked race leaders, tried to settle scores on the track or called each other names - Nothing serious on the name calling anyway.

Well, there wasn't too much skulduggery. A fully functional James Bond Aston Martin DB5 complete with tire shredders and pop out guns showed up at Homestead intended to be used to derail fellow iboaters, but this vehicle couldn't pass muster and failed all attempts to make it through inspection. Possibly some warnings will be issued. There were rumors of debris cautions caused by rib bones and BBQ sauce slathered on the track, but as usual these were relegated to the "Mystery Caution" category because FOX, FS1, NBC and NBCSN never showed concrete proof of such antics. We heard talk of iFL competitors forming a cabal to "take out" the Overall Leader. For shame, for shame to even think of Kensething!

Our weekly winner at the Homestead finale was aspeck. After a rain delayed race start, he garnered his fifth :first: of this season. Congrats for making a strong finish.

Beginning with The Daytona 500 in February through the Ford Ecoboost 400 on Sunday, we had 10 different race winners.

2015 trophies.PNG

Congratulations to all - Win or lose!

That brings us to the final presentation

FlaCowboy - Come on up to the podium and hoist the 2015 iboats Fantasy Live Overall Winner's Trophy over your head. A hard fought battle but you managed to keep the rest of us corraled! Congratulations!

trophy.PNG

Thanks to everyone for joining in and remember 2016 Daytona Speed Weeks kicks off on February 13th before the 500 on the 21st. Watch your mail boxes. :D

It was a great season and looking forward to February.

Humpty_Boater

humpy.PNG

aspeck

Staff member
It was fun, and help make the long NASCAR season fun and worth staying engaged. The friendly banter and thrown rib and chicken bones added to the overall experience. Anxious for next season to start ... and once again, congrats, Cowboy!

GA_Boater

The burnout rubber hasn't cooled, but I am working on my plans to have a better showing next year.

Ole Hump forgot to show the final standings. Here they are;

standings.PNG

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Thank you...thank you...thank you...
First I would like to thank my sponsors of the Rib Bones and BBQ Sause it came in handy when needed... :D :laugh:
I would also like to let everyone know that I just signed a new contract with said sponsors thru the 2016 season :nod:

Actually it was a fun time this year with the friendly banter...c`mon February :thumb:

Thanks GA for ALL the work you did keeping all of us informed week to week...:clap2::clap2:

Now...if I can just figure out this football stuff...:rugby:

GA_Boater

The burnout is still smoking a little, Shrubby is still drinking bubbly and the trash talk begins. I knew it! :facepalm:

Good luck on your football. thumb down.PNG
:rofl:

sasto

Captain
You guys are having some fun here. The best part of the race for me was the hot, young, friendly lady sitting next to me.
The fans showed their respect for Gordon when he took the lead. We all stood up and cheered him on. Made me proud to be a NASCAR fan.