NFL - Week 11

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That kinda dumped the whole thing. Now what to do with the rest of the games?

I better watch Back To The Future to try and peek at the book. But it did say the Cubs took the World Series this year. :facepalm:

Don't ask me. Took me a few days picking a winner. A few here, a few there...... Hopefully I can get more than 4 right this week, but not holding my breath......

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep, a lot of bad teams this year.

Luckily we have quite a few of those on the rest of our schedule .. ;)
Honestly though . I haven't felt this optimistic about my team for a very long time .. I know it hasn't turned into a bunch of wins yet but we have only been blown out of 1 game for the most part .. Got a couple of great young receivers and the QB looks like he 's gunna do ok .. IF he can cut down on the stupid passes to the other team ... Yeldon shows some promise but the run game still needs a lot of work ..
I'm looking at it as the glass being half full ..:)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Wow...we talking about the same QB. Granted, most of it isn't his fault since he has such a poor supporting cast. Bad O-line means he gets sacked a lot!

They don't have a super tough schedule but I think they will be lucky to get 2 more wins.

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep the same QB .. And your right the O-line has got to get better if it does that should help the run game also .. T Gerhart was a complete waist of money IMHO ...
But still optimistic..
Bruce sometimes I think you would find fault in a bowl of ice cream ... :lol:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Bruce sometimes I think you would find fault in a bowl of ice cream ... :lol:
No, I am just a realist!

As far has Gerhart or any running back is concerned. If you don't have an O-Line, you don't have a running game. Gerhart did fine at Minnesota. No coincidence he is doing poorly at Jacksonville.

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I'll bet you tell kids there is no Santa ....
Maybe we could send you a gal of Blue Bell for Christmas ! :rolleyes:
But your right ... I agree we need a better line ....

bassman284

Commander
Wow, the early games were brutal. I got 2 out of that mess. I sometimes wonder why I keep doing this.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
A friend of mine that I worked with in the Cites is at the Vikes game with Chuck Foreman.....Pretty cool....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It would be nice if the Vikes scored a few more points!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Looking at the stats and didn't watch the game...How did Green Bay win?

FlaCowboy

Ensign
@ GA...looks like the Admiral is kicking your butt...which means you will be cooking breakfast...Again...:lol:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just joking around nothing personal fella's ! :lol:
Didn't get to watch any games today ... Just saw that T-Bay game score ! :eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looking at the stats and didn't watch the game...How did Green Bay win?

Didn't really see the gAME, BUT THE vIKES HAD A LEAST A COUPLE TURNOVERS....AP coughed ot up at lest once... I knew a few days ago that this would happen and yet I still picked the Vikes...

aspeck

Staff member
Definitely another tough week ... the poor teams are looking poor and most of the good teams are looking poor ... so how are you gonna guess?