RE: hijackin a thread

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey! I've been wearing Wolverine boots. My socks have holes in the heals. Could it be the boots? Maybe it's the quality of the Walmart socks. Or maybe it's that they are several years old.
missed this, my apologies.. Researching the problem, Snopes says "to put spurs on after putting your boots on. If this does not correct the problem, post pictures on walmartian dot com and wait for replies" :D

64osby

Admiral
Did some Black Thursday shopping.

Woke up at 8. Grabbed a cup of coffee and drove to the store. Walked in to the electronics dept. A store employee walked past and I pointed at the PS 4 bundle I was looking for. The guy nodded and walked away.

Two minutes later a young gal walked up and unlocked the case and walked to the counter. Paid $300 and received a $50 store coupon good till Cmas day.

Made it home at 9 and had a second cup of coffee.

Last edited:

dwco5051

Commander
SAFETY TIP OF THE DAY

When cutting lots of pieces of rope to stake a tree because your wife says the snow is coming soon don?t put the open pocketknife in your back pocket handle down and forget it is there and reach for your handkerchief.

It was my picking thumb to. It is a good thing the guys I jam with don?t get together in December. By January it should be healed.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I went to Wally world on Thanksgiving day .. Went in needed one gal of acetone got it and walked out ... 5 mins tops ....
Then waited on the Admiral for another hour to come out ... :facepalm:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
And it's deer season. While at wally world the day before the big sale, The wife hung a hard right into the clothing section. I waited in the aisle, leaning on a display for the sale. A couple of women walked by and said- you waiting in line for the sale already?? No I'm posted on this logging road, She's making a drive down that way. I'm just waiting for her to flush something out! We had a good laugh....

aspeck

Staff member
I knew you could do it, jr!:applause::yo::whoo::rockon:

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
64osby now that's my kind of shopping!

Yep, that's the way I like to shop too. Go get what you want / need and leave.

My Admiral goes shopping for 3 things and comes home with a trunk full. Also have to give her credit, cause she rarely pays full price for anything.

bassman284

Commander
I've worked really hard most of my days, and after posting earlier about carrying 70ish pounds, remembered about a year ago.... this one time at band camp.. We had our usual morning meeting, got our assignments, and then everyone scrambles for tools and equipment. Really excited and looking forward to the job I was given, went down in a hole to grab the welding machine from the day before because I had spent 2hrs repairing it.

I also needed to commandeer a lift, so, I was really scrambling. These aluminum MIG welders weigh close to seventy with a full roll of wire. Plus a twenty foot whip across my left shoulder, my right hand on the handle; it's an awful lot just traveling flat ground. Never mind a rope, I've one handed a ladder before... lol.
My feet were ten rungs up and I saw my hand miss the next rung!!! :eek: :facepalm:

It was over quick! :lol: Landed flat on my back on scaffolding, bounced and went down two more feet to the next scaffold. My chin was mashed into my chest, hard hat still on and against some panels. Focusing, looked up and there was a co-worker and the Project Manager. They had seen the whole thing and were in more shock than I was! I heard the PM yell at my buddy, "ya think he's..." Bear says, "....old people usually die when they fall"

I was maybe twenty feet below them and they couldn't see me so well because it was dark down there, but I burst into laughter when I heard Bear's comment!!! and could see the relief on their faces. Took it easy until lunch, but did finish the ten hour day.
and they called me Humpty Dumpty from then on....

This was at band camp?

bassman284

Commander
SAFETY TIP OF THE DAY

When cutting lots of pieces of rope to stake a tree because your wife says the snow is coming soon don’t put the open pocketknife in your back pocket handle down and forget it is there and reach for your handkerchief.

It was my picking thumb to. It is a good thing the guys I jam with don’t get together in December. By January it should be healed.
SAFETY TIP OF THE DAY - PART 2

Always close the pocketknife before putting it in your pocket.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
dwc - "It was my picking thumb to." For a moment there I thought you were referring to another use.

It's a good thing you didn't put it in your front pocket and it folded on you. Could make for some excitement.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
This was at band camp?
sure, why not? What was that movie this line became famous for? - and that girl always had some whacky story following it? No disrespect to the men an d very few women I worked with, but.. they were half my age or less. Not going to be insulting and say "kindergarten".

There was an electrician down in that hole that saw it all; would ask me for months if I didn't have any back problems from that fall? "nope, a few BC's and a hot bath the next day were the extent of my pain"

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
to the Knights who say "Ni".... I have finished it! Now I have to paint it! Will post it! after it! dries a bit

64osby

Admiral
I needed a Holy Hand grenade today. Not for a Bunny, but for pesky mice.

Darn things built a nest in the starter cover of my wood splitter. Had to pull everything off and clean the flywheel and pickup to get spark back.

I feel a little better having some wood split. Need about 10 times what I have but some is better then none.

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
feel like I just built a shrubbery! pic tomorrow after paint dries

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
true to form, using up the old [three partial cans of paint, yellow, black, and hammered. It defies all logic "why" I would ever buy hammered paint when my painting usually looks like hammered doggy mess!! Answer - so it will look like I used a sledge hammer!!]

painted the bottom w/hammered and then bought some more black after using up the rest. Knock down all sharp edges, including the bottom. Especially if you're as concerned about the floor as I am. Sharp edges will damage floor coatings on concrete etc, and they can grab

Top angles were galvanized making for some sorry welding even after grinding the coating off.
I salute people that can build stuff out of wood - I couldn't drive a nail if it came with a steering wheel and GPS!!!
http://[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/jrttoday/media/002_zpspo1kxewt.jpg.html]

The gussets might have been overkill, but they aren't.
the back angle is painted, just didn't waist a little bit of black on it lol. I don't need wheels on it, but can slip a hand truck under the front or back w/o tilting the stand. Anyway, it's going to stay there - boat still fits[/URL]