RE: hijackin a thread

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yeah, Glenn lives
glennwalkingdead.jpg

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: ok, got that out of my system!! but still smiling... where should we send flowers... lol

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
maybe if I say/post it on here I'll do it? With no one to be accountable to, it sometimes seems like I'm dragging my feet!! :sleeping: Not really, just have slowed down a lot.... have an hour at the Heart Clinic first... think I'm gonna pull the motor off my boat for a parts motor.... today! Tuff decision, I like that old motor.

that's where I drag my feet mostly, making the decision!! lol:violin::violin:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
a typical day resembles the Munchkin song lyrics, "sleep til noon, go to work at one, take an hour for lunch and at two we're done", The we is just me...

Out of bed around ten, hit my knees, a cup of coffee, "check the weather chart to see if it's safe outside" lol, delete emails, take meds and a BC!!
Shower/shave etc, inventory what "I won't get done today" in the garage!! lol Oh yeah, see what's happening here on iboats; plus I get to read good stuff and practice typing lol.

Blessed in being resilient (mentally and physically), had a viral infection attack my heart in March - have severe cardiomyopathy. Which is simply an enlarged heart causing a low ejection fraction - equals low energy. Have another echo next week, but am not expecting much change...

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
do my best to keep a sense of humor, but sometimes, I don't even get my joke :facepalm: :laugh::laugh:

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Slim Pickens was doing "stand up" at the scrapyard because prices are down and everyone's holding on to their scrap; but I did find a honey hole and caught six lunkers and two small fry! $24 for 138 pounds!
http://[URL=http://s173.photobucket.com/user/jrttoday/media/001_zpsjdbvvbz3.jpg.html]

1/4 x 4" x 4" over 36" long after squaring the ends. 2x2 a bit longer. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but probably exactly what I needed!
Will post finished project to this thread after the paint dries :lol:[/URL]
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...ce/johnson-evinrude-outboards/10050789-rescue

the only paint I have is some old implement paint of unknown origin - had it so long the label is gone. Haven't used it mauch cause it takes three days in hot sun to dry; and even then.... lol

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
HAppy Thanksgiving everyone!!:joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous:

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Went to wally world this am to get my stepson a tablet why do I subject myself to this kind of torture my gf said I was nuts for going on black Friday luckily I was there early 1/2 hr before it opened and was about the 50th in line thank god black Friday hasn't fully caught on in Canada

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Not sure exactly what this thread is about, maybe anything?

Anyway,
jrt -I hope your condition continues to improve - dang viruses...
ray - your gf is right, you're nuts! 50th in line??

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not sure exactly what this thread is about, maybe anything?

Anyway,
jrt -I hope your condition continues to improve - dang viruses...
the jury's still out on both, my condition and what this thread's about?? lol and Thanks!
Ain't dead yet, put three of the 4" angle on right shoulder and carried the two 2" in left hand, walked 50+ yards through soggy scrapyard back to scales. Made the trip twice with + or - 70lbs. No problem... but wasn't able to do much once I got home.

Attitude is key, gotta keep moving... "get busy living or get busy dying"

aspeck

Staff member
Listening to Mannheim Steamroller and Tran-Siberian Orchestra, have the Christmas lights up on the outside of the house, getting ready to go shoot the guns one last time in preparation for Monday ... the daughter has to practice, you know. Then this evening is a rehearsal for a Sunday wedding.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

Yeah 50th in line waiting for it to open they opened a 6 am I was there a 530 and good thing too since I got one of the last samsung tab 3s people were buying between 5 and ten tablets at a time they went through a whole palette of tablets in less then a half hr I saw one guy walk out with 6 tvs it was mayhem I am not sure I will ever do that again

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
the jury's still out on both, my condition and what this thread's about?? lol and Thanks!
Ain't dead yet...

Attitude is key, gotta keep moving... "get busy living or get busy dying"

You're most welcome, and you're right, attitude is key! After 2 brain surgeries, and a double bypass within the last 5 years, I've learned a lot about...a lot of things in life. Keep up the positive attitude, take care of yourself, and don't sweat the little stuff. And keep moving, or you won't

aspeck

Staff member
aspeck hoping it's not a "shotgun" wedding!! y'all are practicing for :bolt:

Nope, no shotgun wedding. Just bad timing because it is 2 hours away, so the drive tonight for rehearsal, and then again Sunday morning for the wedding. Got to get back in time for several events here, and try to get some sleep before launching the boat Monday morning ... DEER SEASON!

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
my fave was myron cope.

but back on topic...one time at band camp.........
I've worked really hard most of my days, and after posting earlier about carrying 70ish pounds, remembered about a year ago.... this one time at band camp.. We had our usual morning meeting, got our assignments, and then everyone scrambles for tools and equipment. Really excited and looking forward to the job I was given, went down in a hole to grab the welding machine from the day before because I had spent 2hrs repairing it.

I also needed to commandeer a lift, so, I was really scrambling. These aluminum MIG welders weigh close to seventy with a full roll of wire. Plus a twenty foot whip across my left shoulder, my right hand on the handle; it's an awful lot just traveling flat ground. Never mind a rope, I've one handed a ladder before... lol.
My feet were ten rungs up and I saw my hand miss the next rung!!! :eek: :facepalm:

It was over quick! :lol: Landed flat on my back on scaffolding, bounced and went down two more feet to the next scaffold. My chin was mashed into my chest, hard hat still on and against some panels. Focusing, looked up and there was a co-worker and the Project Manager. They had seen the whole thing and were in more shock than I was! I heard the PM yell at my buddy, "ya think he's..." Bear says, "....old people usually die when they fall"

I was maybe twenty feet below them and they couldn't see me so well because it was dark down there, but I burst into laughter when I heard Bear's comment!!! and could see the relief on their faces. Took it easy until lunch, but did finish the ten hour day.
and they called me Humpty Dumpty from then on....