I've got an addiction

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
RayRay,

I know how you feel and I'm only two hours north of the gulf of Mexico. My Tahoe is in my shop covered with the full cover but not winterized just yet. I got my new Bimini Top and boot in today and I'm itching to go try it out.

Just came in from my high school football game and my feet are so cold they hurt with arthritis. I can handle cold weather thru about January 15th and then I'm looking for warmer weather.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Bonus you honestly don't know cold cold is minus 40 before the windchill heck it swimming season round here when the water is in the mid 40s and it's shorts and tee shirt time when the Temps are 36/37 degrees

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
RayRay,

We set the blocks on our floating drydock, pull the boats in and start pumping out. As the dock comes up, we have divers in the water swim the blocks to ensure that the boat is settled on them in the correct position, no damage will occur by hitting props, rudders, transducers, etc... At my company, we cycle the docks anywhere from 1 time a week to 3 times a week. Average time for the diver in the water is 1 hour, with divers on site for 4 hours.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Here is a pic of a ship on dock once it is out of water showing the blocks.

Attachments

• photo234078.jpg
    photo234078.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
littlerayray my apologies, we/I often forget that we never really know what someone else is or has gone through...
with my PTSD, all I can do is to trust God, clean house (not a physical dwelling), and help others
I meant nothing personal by that comment, only a lame attempt at humor.

We can be "sorry" for what we experience in Life and become victims ourselves; or take some responsibility and move on. Maybe walking wounded for awhile, but ultimately becoming better people...

southkogs

Staff member
Here is a pic of a ship on dock once it is out of water showing the blocks.
Ray - apologies for a small hijack - Harritwo, what boat is that in your photo? Looks like she's named "Yorktown."

<<end hijack>> :D

littlerayray

Lieutenant
littlerayray my apologies, we/I often forget that we never really know what someone else is or has gone through...
with my PTSD, all I can do is to trust God, clean house (not a physical dwelling), and help others
I meant nothing personal by that comment, only a lame attempt at humor.

We can be "sorry" for what we experience in Life and become victims ourselves; or take some responsibility and move on. Maybe walking wounded for awhile, but ultimately becoming better people...

I understand mistakes happen and apology is accepted it's all good

littlerayray

Lieutenant
RayRay,

We set the blocks on our floating drydock, pull the boats in and start pumping out. As the dock comes up, we have divers in the water swim the blocks to ensure that the boat is settled on them in the correct position, no damage will occur by hitting props, rudders, transducers, etc... At my company, we cycle the docks anywhere from 1 time a week to 3 times a week. Average time for the diver in the water is 1 hour, with divers on site for 4 hours.

Yeah we have nothing like that around here unfortunately

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Southkogs, That is USS Yorktown, CG-48. Sadly, she was decomissioned in 2004 in Pascagoula and last I knew, she was at INACTIVESHIP Philly.I have some other cool pics of ships during my career if anyone is interested, The MCM that ran aground in the Phillipines being dismantled is one i can post if interested.

southkogs

Staff member
Southkogs, That is USS Yorktown, CG-48 ... I have some other cool pics of ships during my career if anyone is interested...
Cool. I'm not familiar enough with Navy boats ... didn't know they reused names.

Start a new topic with those ships. That'd be pretty slick.