Boy that was fast! Yikes!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
When my Dad passed away, we thought we would be sitting on his house for a while before it sold, he lived in a retirement community of permanently set nice double wide mobile homes. My wife stayed behind with my sister to get things cleaned up and those few little items repaired that always need to be done. Of course we placed a couple of for sales sales up thinking we would have some time, take into account it has been 2 weeks since he passed and today she has received 3 offers on the place, I guess this is a real desirable park that he lived in and the guy that runs the place put out the word, my wife planned to stay with the home until it sold, but it looks like she will be coming home real soon. All I can say is wow! I didn't know these places sold so quick!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
That sound good MT. Some times you never know about real estate. When we built out home (many decades ago now) we put our old home up for sell and it sold so quick, I got scared. But it all worked out. Glad you have some good news for a change. :thumb:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yes it is good news, it just surprised me that they were so desirable, I was not fond of this home, but Dad liked it and I guess a lot of others do as well!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well two of the offers today were funny and both parties handed them to my wife with the statement "I hope this doesn't offend you" I told her, if they have to say that, they already know, that they are going to offend and the offer is way to low for what the market is right now, give me a break people! I hope this does not offend you, means the same exact thing as "I know I am going to offend you!" I am very sad that my Dad is gone, but I am certainly not going to give his legacy away, he would come back and slap me upside the head if I did!

:faint2::eek:

Tyme2fish

Commander
I was wondering what the offers were. I was thinking you had the property priced too low if you got these immediate offers.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
We have it priced at $75K which is market in this area and one offered $52K and the other offered $58K, my wife told them both, it ain't going to work, so they both increased their offers substantially today and now are basically bidding against each other to get it. so we will see what happens, how ever it shakes out, we do have the house sold. Both of today's offers were above our minimum, so someone is going to buy it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well it is all academic now, the guy that offered the lowest has now up his bid to $70k, so it has been sold. My wife shook hands on it and received a deposit.

64osby

Admiral
Took 9 months to sell my mom's house after she bought a condo. Then it took 4 months to sell the condo when she moved to assisted living.

Bidding war sounds like you are in the drivers seat and it will be quick and easy. Just don't get too greedy.;)