Shot another trespasser trying to sneak on my property to harass the does.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Awww that little cub is really cute to see. When I was still hunting, I saw lots of black bears and cubs. But I never ever had the ambition to hunt them for some reason. Deer, wild boar, turkeys, squirrels, dove, quail, were about it. And not so much in the bird line. But I also loved to fish as well. So in those days, hunting trumped the fishing. I have since switched tunes. Now I'd rather fish then hunt. As a matter of fact, I don't have basically any interest sitting in the woods anymore hunting. But I still have great interest in fishing. Rifle, Bow and Arrows, Black Powder, Shotgun, Pistols, even nice Single Shot Pistols, any way I could, I was in the woods hunting. Who would have thought, as much as I loved to hunt, that I would forgo it now. :noidea:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Nice osby! And those darn trees jump in front of you during the worst times........ :)

RBH - Little "guy"........:confused::laugh:
Better this little guy than the cow calf moose we get hanging around in the winter eating the red willow some years.
Its pretty busy up here game wise cougars sleeping on the neighbours front lawn, beers eating apple and cherrys and ripping the branches off, coyotes wolves elk bob cats all live on this little mountain.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I understand, gm. Hunting isn't like it used to be for me either. I remember the days when you couldn't sleep the nite b/4 opener because all I could think about was the "big" buck I was going to shoot the next morning..... Those days are long gone. Now I think about how tired I'm going to be when the alarm goes off.......Lol I did enjoy Mn opener a couple weeks ago. It was warm, saw deer and came home with meat. Tomorrow, WI opener, they're talking hi's in the 20s and lows in the teens tonite thru the weekend. Although, as I just sat down to check out the computer, a small buck was hot on the trail of a doe. So, they're still in rut. That's a good sign......

I'm not a bear hunter either. Never had the desire. Not sure why. I guess maybe it's how they are hunted. I think of Yogi and Boo Boo trying to steal a picnic basket......Lol

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Better this little guy than the cow calf moose we get hanging around in the winter eating the red willow some years.
Its pretty busy up here game wise cougars sleeping on the neighbours front lawn, beers eating apple and cherrys and ripping the branches off, coyotes wolves elk bob cats all live on this little mountain.

What I meant by little "guy", I don't see horns....... :) Unless it's spring when the pic was shot.

Sounds like a regular wild kingdom up there. I can put up with any wild animal, but Cougars in the lawn are pushing it. I don't trust those guys.... We have some around here. Saw one years ago during deer season. Some were caught on trail cams in the last couple years.....