Shot another trespasser trying to sneak on my property to harass the does.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Seems like every fall I have the same problem with trespassers.

Attachments

• photo234041.jpg
    photo234041.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 0

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Dang, I would be exhausted! That is some hard hunting! LOL

I had two of them last night around dusk that came through that looked a lot like he does, I have not even bought my license yet!

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Dang, I would be exhausted! That is some hard hunting! LOL

I had two of them last night around dusk that came through that looked a lot like he does, I have not even bought my license yet!
If they come through your property and eat your grass does that not make them livestock?? LOL

aspeck

Staff member
Mark, why are you shooting babies? That poor thing hasn't had a chance to grow up yet?!? I would have let that little thing walk and waited for it's daddy! NOT! Sweet buck ... congratulations, all that "hard work" paid off! (Okay, I am a little bit jealous.)

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Oh any buck can cross the line without permission as long as they act like gentlemen. Tearing up grass and peeing all over, ripping the branches off cedar trees will not be tolerated.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Nice deer Mark. Sounded like when I shot a big 8 pt after 10mins in the stand. My alarm didn't go off and it was plenty light out. I practically ran to my stand.... Now he's on my wall over the tv......

I cut this one from the herd a couple days ago......

aspeck

Staff member
What did you dispatch him with, Mark, bow, smoke pole, shotgun, or rifle?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Dam Wim that is a ugly deer, he didn't deserve to live! Like my friend Wayne Carlton used to say, that elk is so ugly I have to take him out of the herd, lest we have more ugly elk!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
This is interesting. This morning, near noon, the wife and I were heading out of our neighborhood and a nice doe and what looked like a seven point buck were at the side of the road on our way out. There has never ever been a deer in this area before. I guess the buck had other ideas on his mind and didn't care about us and the doe was doing her best to get away. But in a housing area? That is a great way to get killed...by a vehicle. And to think I didn't even have any problems not having a gun with me. I haven't hunted deer in decades now. But I have easily harvested over 80 plus deer before I quit hunting them. Just odd seeing them there at that place. Bucks do get stupid during this time of the year with love in the air. :facepalm:

DeepCMark58A

Commander
That is when I know the bucks are chasing when the does and fawns come into the yard for some refuge, the bucks usually won't come out into the yard. Some big bucks in metro areas these days, better hunting than out in the country.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I've had a big 8 hanging around my place. Has no problem walking thru my yard. Saw it this morning chasing a doe down my driveway! Opener is next weekend.....:heh:

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
This morning while I was splitting firewood the old way (a maul and wedge) I looked up and saw a small spike muley come walking up and pass by around 20' away, That's closer than the does will tolerate me. I guess the noise must have made him curious. Might have thought some bucks were fighting and some does might be around.

Steel on steel is quite loud.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not sure if I posted this guy up or not. He's the one chasing does around the yard and down the drive....... Couple pix....

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Nice deer Mark. Sounded like when I shot a big 8 pt after 10mins in the stand. My alarm didn't go off and it was plenty light out. I practically ran to my stand.... Now he's on my wall over the tv......

I cut this one from the herd a couple days ago......

WIMUSKY, As weird as that guys looks, there are lots of weird deer out there. One year I shot a buck that had three main beans coming out of his head. The norm two on each side and then a really stupid looking thing coming out in the center of his head. Freaky for sure, and was a seven pointer, but nothing to write home about in true size.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Not sure if I posted this guy up or not. He's the one chasing does around the yard and down the drive....... Couple pix....

I am one of those guys who would wait for that buck to get a year older he will be a giant next year when he is 3 or 4.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I agree, but there's too much hunting activity around here for him to make it.... Although, he made it this far... Maybe he'll disappear quick. They seem to go nocturnal instantly when the season starts.... He's extremely stupid at the moment.....