Be careful in the tree stand ...

aspeck

Staff member
Well, Bill's arm is healing well. His heel surgery is now scheduled for NEXT Tuesday. He is planning on being in the woods the day before surgery ( 1st day of rifle season). He procured his permit to shoot from a vehicle and has everything planned ... What a nut! Said it will keep his mind off the surgery. Gonna be in the back of his pick-up next Monday. He and his wife are both doing well. Gonna put his Christmas lights up for him on Saturday ...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Christmas lights. ladders and electricity - You be careful!

Can your bud hold a rifle? You might need a few pics.

aspeck

Staff member
It is his trigger arm that is broken, so minimal torque on the broken bone. He can pull the trigger, so he is good to go ... :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This may the best tasting deer he ever bags. I sure hope he puts one in his sights for all work he (and you) are going through,

gm280

Supreme Mariner
It is his trigger arm that is broken, so minimal torque on the broken bone. He can pull the trigger, so he is good to go ... :facepalm:

Oh that may not be the best idea. While it does take so little to squeeze the trigger, the arm does take a huge amount of recoil. So he could do more harm then good. But that is his call. :eek: :facepalm:

aspeck

Staff member
I don't disagree with you, gm, but he did talk to his doc about it, at least he said he did, so I gotta go with that ...

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Your friend should consider himself fortunate and stop while he's ahead.

Back in my Fire/EMS days I pulled two out off the woods from tree-stand incidents. One was a thirty-something fellow with children,
who was found two hours after dark hanging from his harness. Asphyxiated; he did not survive.

The other was a early twenties kid. D-ring failure, and he fell about 18 feet into a creek bottom. Broken neck, paralyzed for life.

Be careful out there . . . the thrill of the hunt can make us forget how fragile we are. ;)

aspeck

Staff member
Still in my Fire/EMS days ... that is why they called me when he crawled to the road :facepalm:. Part of me wants him to calm down a bit, but if he looses that fire to do, I am afraid we will have a mess on our hands. So, we will deal with the fire and the crazy requests to keep him active and sane through these next 6 months ... months 5 & 6 are going to be the hardest to keep him still and not doing more damage to his feet ...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yes ladders, even around the house, are peculiar beasts of their own. Folks are doing Holiday decorations, but also gutter cleaning and such. There are lots of folks on ladders now. And as usual we, even myself included, some times reach further then we honestly should to keep from getting down and moving the ladder for a more secure reach. So please everybody be careful. :pray: