Nascar Race #34 - "I Won't Hit Him On Purpose - Really" 500 at Texas Motor Speedway

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Nascar Race #34 - "I Won't Hit Him On Purpose - Really" 500 at Texas Motor Speedway

This weeks has a full slate - X_Men and Trucks and the middle Cup race in the Eliminator round. Everyone will be avoiding contact lest they suffer the same fate as Matt Kenseth. :eek: With Jeff Gordon winning the Martinsville race, he is one of four drivers who will be eligible to race for the 2015 Chase Championship. The Chase driver points following Martinsville;

e1 points.PNG

Too bad Logano is in last place. If the stars stay in alignment, that's where he finishes. His best finish at the Fall Texas race is third and and the same for the Fall Phoenix race. He did win the Spring Texas race last year.

Everything kicks off Thursday afternoon with two Truck practices and finishing with the AAA Texas 500 Sunday afternoon. The good news is the final three races will be on NBC, so no searching for a streaming broadcast for cable-less viewers like me. The MRN schedule;

aaa.PNG

The entry list is 45, no 44, check that, 45 with Erik Jones sitting in for Matt Kenseth who called in sick. The Bubble Boys are Reed Sorenson and Michael McDowell, both need to qualify on speed and if qualifying is cancelled McDowell and Ryan Blaney will be sweeping the parking lot for leftover rib bones from someone. :rolleyes:.

Weather - Thursday has about an inch of rainfall forecast, pretty much all day long and early, early rain for Saturday morning. The rest of the week end looks clear right now and only Thursday's Truck practice should be impacted.

News and Notes
  • Not much new this week, Well OK, it isn't every week Nascar hands out a two race suspension, is it?. JGR and Kenseth are appealing. naturally. The appeal will held tomorrow (Thursday) morning and the final appeal will be tomorrow afternoon. I was shocked he got two races and will be more that shocked if it is reduced or set aside because it was decided by Nascar Sunday right after the race, in my opinion. This is a good report from AutoWeek on the possibilities on overturning the sanction, however slim.
  • Danica may have also suffered from the Kenseth fallout. She was fined $50K and lost 25 points for her little "love" tap on Gilliland. She really needs to practice how to take out another driver, doesn't she?
  • Kyle Busch post-race interview - "Did he do anything wrong? I don't know. Did he do anything right? I don't know," Busch said. "I think it all depends on whose name's above the door on whether or not you're allowed to do it." Busch said he wasn't sure NASCAR needed to necessarily curtail any of the actions taking place in recent races, but needed to enforce its rules consistently. "It's boys being boys right now. You got to be consistent. I definitely feel NASCAR is very consistent in being inconsistent on calls," he said. "I think it's 'BS.' "They better - I say 'They better', but they don't have to listen to me for squat. Really doesn't matter what I say." Asked on pit road after the race if he would be racing next week at Texas if he had done the same thing as Kenseth on Sunday, Busch simply said, "Nope."
  • Gordon's thoughts before the Kenseth penalty announcement on Nascar.com as he was on the receiving end of Nascar's wrath following his take-out of Bowyer during the Chase in 2012. In a sense, The Gordon-Bowyer affair was far worse, even though it ended Bowyer's Chase hopes that year.. The crews ended up fighting and Gordon only paid $100K and 25 points.

OPINION - Nascar has punishment for every little thing, from using the wrong lugnuts to using unapproved parts and for personnel issues, such as failing a drug test. Why don't they have predetermined punishment for overly aggressive retaliatory driving. It was OK for Logano to push Kenseth out of the lead at Kansas. Does Nascar have "favorite sons" as the driver I love to hate, Kyle Busch, said in the post-race news conference above?
  • TV Ratings - Too bad very few saw all the fireworks because the ratings sank one more time. Officially every race on cable, all 19 of them, were down on ratings from last year when all 36 races were on broadcast TV. I know Nascar doesn't care because they get the cash regardless of ratings and FOX/NBC doesn't care because they get more cash from the cable/satellite companies than for advertising. Fox and NBC better start looking at ESPN and how they are beginning to suffer after pursuing the same path.

iboats Fantasy Live
It was breakfast in bed to accompany the :first: trophy presentation of the year to the Admiral, AKA as BluesCrew. Menu was OJ, Dippy Eggs, crispy bacon, toast with butter and strawberry jam and Bloody Marys (doubles). Congrats, BluesCrew.

In the race to the iboats Fantasy Live Championship, FlaCowboy increased his lead with a Martinsville third place finish. His lead is now 325 points over 64osby after a loss in points the week before.​

With only three races to go, good picking is a priority. So make any changes in time for the race, have fun and good luck to all.

Hoping typos are at a minimum,

Grumpty Humpty

humpy.PNG

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Congrats Blues...:) :encouragement:

Be Honest Blues...did GA burn the bacon...he called it..."crispy" just how Crispy was it...??? :eek: :lol:

GA_Boater

When I get breakfast in bed, It's chewy. :) When she gets breakfast in bed, it's like eating shingles - The way she likes it. :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Dippy Eggs ????

Nice write up as usual Humpty.!

Everyone knows what Dippy Eggs are. Ya dip that toast in those nice runny yolks with a little Heinz ketchup on top. Yum Yum! :D

aspeck

Staff member
Oh man, GA, your roots are showing with the "Dippy eggs with Heinz Ketchup on top." I don't do ketchup on my dippy eggs ... but I do do salsa on my scrambled eggs, go figure ...

64osby

Admiral
Ga, Never heard the dippy eggs term before.

That would be eggs over easy, side of crisp bacon, toast and hash browns. Everybody knows ketchup is not for eggs but for potatoes.:)

Double Bloody Mary's sounds great too. ;)

That breakfast would never happen in my world. :cold:

GA_Boater

Oh man, GA, your roots are showing with the "Dippy eggs with Heinz Ketchup on top." I don't do ketchup on my dippy eggs ... but I do do salsa on my scrambled eggs, go figure ...

A couple drops of Red Death or Siracha as it's formally known is nice on eggs too. As that lady says, "I use that :censored: on everything", except when Heinz Ketchup is better choice. :D

How about Isley's Skyscraper ice cream cones and chipped ham, 'speck? Did you have any Isley's around when you growing up? Sadly they only sell to supermarket chains and independents now, no more freestanding Isley's delis. :blue:

Ga, Never heard the dippy eggs term before.

That would be eggs over easy, side of crisp bacon, toast and hash browns. Everybody knows ketchup is not for eggs but for potatoes.:)

Double Bloody Mary's sounds great too. ;)

That breakfast would never happen in my world. :cold:

Ok, OK, 64. Sunny side up eggs fried in the bacon fat and the hot grease spooned over the yolks to make that nice whitish cover to stab the toast through. No crispy edges and no hash browns.

GA_Boater

You ruined the whole meal with ketchup........

It's what the Admiral wanted. What can I say except Yes Dear? :watermelon:

I'm glad she didn't want a hot dog sandwich. Another waste of time controversy in the current news.

GA_Boater

Appeal - Kenseth penalty upheld. The final appeal is in progress. Don't hold your breath!

aspeck

Staff member
A couple drops of Red Death or Siracha as it's formally known is nice on eggs too. As that lady says, "I use that :censored: on everything", except when Heinz Ketchup is better choice. :D

How about Isley's Skyscraper ice cream cones and chipped ham, 'speck? Did you have any Isley's around when you growing up? Sadly they only sell to supermarket chains and independents now, no more freestanding Isley's delis. :blue:

Yep on the hot sauce ... Pete's, Tabasco, or my preference, ****to pepper sauce from Ghana.

No Isley's around here, but yes to chipped ham ... and hoagies ... and pierogis ...

EDIT: Oh man, the proper name for my favorite sauce has been edited out. It might of looked like a 4 letter word, but there are 2 more letters after it, 6 letters is the proper spelling ...

Last edited:

GA_Boater

This sauce? One too many T's possibly. And may be not. LOL

GA_Boater

GA_Boater

I never heard of ****o sauce.

I guess I never will. :lol:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Leave it to 'Speck to try and slide in a 4 letter word.......:censored::fear::facepalm:

GA_Boater

Good news sorta! Mat still has a 2 game suspension, but the probation is reduced to New Years Eve, So come Daytona and after, look out Joey. :car: Matt has 22 etched in his visor. LOL

64osby

Admiral
Maybe Matt's magnetic panels will be attracted to Joey's car more than others.:D

GA_Boater

Texas qualifying has Keso on the pole, followed by Harvick, Busch18, Logano (BOO), Larson, Jones (in for Kenseth), Busch41, Johnson, Hamlin, Dale Jr., Danica (Whoa) and Biffle.