Hold your kids real tight, and a request for a thought or two. ) c :

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Two weeks ago, I received a note from a good friend of mine who has stayed with my wife an I a few times, letting me know that her 14 year old son had taken ill, nice young man that I have known for a few years now, he was at Fencing practice and suddenly didn't feel well.

He kept feeling worse, so they took him to the ER and he was taken in right a way, and his organs started failing, he ended up having several surgeries to repair things that kept going wrong, finally the Doctor's in Missoula, said they did not know what was wrong, so he was transported by life flight to the Seattle Children's hospital last weekend, he then slipped into a coma and I just found out he passed away this afternoon and they still don't know why.

I feel very lucky, none of my children have ever been threatened by anything that could take them away from me and my heart hurts for my friend who lost her son. I am a bit beside myself that a strong young man, 14 years old could go from very active and fit and then pass away 2 weeks later.

Her and her husband are going to have a rough time for a while to come, he was their only child, so they are really reeling and I do hope they find the strength to make it through this, so if you can offer a thought to a friend of a friend, I say thank you.

Rest in Peace Bridger you have brightened so many lives and you will be sorely missed.

RGrew176

Commander
Its very sad and I am sorry to hear that your friend lost their young son. It is not the way its supposed to be. Our kids are supposed to put us in the ground not the other way around. I certainly hope they find out what caused is passing.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
So sorry for them. I lost a son a little over a year ago. It's still hard to cope at times. Little things come to mind at the strangest times, but I have to keep going. My prayers are with them.

thumpar

Admiral
My best wishes heading that way. I can't even imagine how hard that would be.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
So sorry for them. I lost a son a little over a year ago. It's still hard to cope at times. Little things come to mind at the strangest times, but I have to keep going. My prayers are with them.

I am sorry to hear that Grub, I honestly can't imagine what that would feel like, I have lost many in my life, but when it comes to my child, I am so thankful they have grown up healthy and are nice young adults living their lives.

You have my thoughts and prayers.

rogerwa

Commander
I have had a very interesting year myself - Last December my wife was diagnosed with Kidney cancer - by a fluke exam- and before new years had 40% of one of her kidneys taken out. She had a 3 month recoup from the surgery as they pretty much cut you from Front to back. While she was recuperating, my oldest son, 20 at the time, was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma - stage 2. He did 6 months of Chemo and at the end of it he looked like a puffy 35 y/o. His grandmother didn't recognize him.

My wife has gotten the all clear and my son goes in for his final pet scan on Wednesday which we are optimistic will be clear. A lot of people ask me how I am holding up and all I can say is that I feel blessed. This story just reinforces that. Here two of my family members have cancer in the same year and by the end of that year we should be clear. Others like this family are not nearly so fortunate.