NFL - Week 5

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Angus picked the most right during week 4 AND his Giants won! A win/win for Angus..... The Admiral is still on top and sharing that spot with Cowboy. Pretty even week amongst our league...... It's still uncertain whether Luck will play tonite, at least what I've read......

Good "Luck" everyone....... :yo:

On a side note. We either had a large coyote or a smaller wolf run thru the yard a couple minutes ago. I'm just not sure....... Seen him once before, and he's a he since he marked his territory on one of my small pines......

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Had the Colts until I heard Elisabeth was going to be the QB. We will see how that works out!

I am pretty sure the Texans are better than the Jags and the Colts were at home against the Jags and barely won.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I see Volphin is joining us this week for the Thursday game or is that an every other week thing?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I went with Houston too. Now the refs "announced" a penalty and then called it off. Refs blew it again. They were in a huddle for the next play and came in and called off the penalty. They eve threw the flag where the infraction took place. Replay showed it was clearly a penalty.... Very obvious. But, how do you later call it off? I guess they can do whatever they want until the ball is snapped for the next play.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I went with Houston too. Now the refs "announced" a penalty and then called it off. Refs blew it again. They were in a huddle for the next play and came in and called off the penalty. Replay showed it was clearly a penalty.... Very obvious. But, how do you later call it off? I guess they can do whatever they want until the ball is snapped for the next play.

They are playing Goodell rules, doncha know!

aspeck

Staff member
Had the Colts until I heard Elisabeth was going to be the QB. We will see how that works out!

I am pretty sure the Texans are better than the Jags and the Colts were at home against the Jags and barely won.

How did that work out for ya? :D Hasselback, who was sick and didn't show up for practice played a great game for an old fart!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
How did that work out for ya?
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile. Looked like the Texans were going to do great with that first drive then the pick happened.

I tried to use logic with my pick and Hasselbeck has failed me before!. That was the problem.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
I understand that, Bruce ... every time I try to use logic with the NFL, I get burned!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile. Looked like the Texans were going to do great with that first drive then the pick happened.

I tried to use logic with my pick and Hasselbeck has failed me before!. That was the problem.

And they were at home.......

GA_Boater

Hasslebeck failed all of us picking Houston. :doh:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Am I'm the only one who picked Da Bears???????? Hehe.....

GA_Boater

Almost a good pick, Bruce. Down to the final seconds! Had me more than worried.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Almost a good pick, Bruce. Down to the final seconds! Had me more than worried.
Wasn't my pick! Was Musky's

Bet manning was kicking himself though thinking back at that interception at the end of the 1st half.

Entertaining game. NY Giants fans must not have much hair.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Thought Musky took the Da Bears and you went with the frustrated Niners fans. That's what I get for trying to read posts. :doh:

There has to be a lot of shoulda, woulda, couldas on both sides.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Thought Musky took the Da Bears and you went with the frustrated Niners fans. That's what I get for trying to read posts. :doh:

There has to be a lot of shoulda, woulda, couldas on both sides.
I love when the Niners lose! Los Angeles San Francisco thing

Last edited:

angus63

Captain
Returned home from a little fall camping trip Sunday afternoon and had a great evening of NFL. Giants went from 0-2 last place to 3-2 first place in a blink. Slept very well. When Cruz and Beckham Jr are healthy, we may have an offense to watch.

Last edited: