Nascar Race #30, Contender Race 1, Charlotte

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
After throwing Johnson, Menard, McMurray and Bowyer out with the bath water.... I mean they didn't advance - 12 players are left in the Chase to the Championship. Those 12 start the Contender round all even-steven in points - 3000, So the wins in prior races all season long don't count and the 12 start at the same place. Just like in the first round, a win is an automatic advance to the third stage,

The Cuppers are running with the X-Men this week. and Trucks have the next two weeks off. The schedule from MEN;

c1.PNG

The entry list is at 45 and Hill and McDowell need to qualify on speed and is Q-ing is cancelled, they go home, The weather forecast is good except for Saturday. Maybe they can get the race in, maybe not.

c1-wx.PNG
News and Notes
  • Charlotte track management must be reading the DC forums. They are painting restart lines on the track.
  • Bristol is installing the "Colossus" over the infield. The world's largest outdoor digital display. I gotta see this!
  • Bowyer is going to be racing for HScott next year. This has a yes/no/yes/no thing since MWR announced rge bell=up decision.
  • TV ratings down again from last year. Wonder how this week will do since it's on NBC against NCAA football and MLB playoffs.
  • Did he or didn't he? Did Harvick intentionally back into the wall to damage the rear making it impossible to measure for rules violation? Doubt if anything comes out of it.

iboats Fantasy Live
aspeck won his 4th :first: at Dover. and didn't back into the wall during hus victory burnout. Congrats, 'speck.

FlaCowboy is still hanging on to the top spot in the overall standings.​
The race is Saturday, so make any changes before the green flag drops. Good luck.

Humpty

humpy.PNG

GA_Boater

Qualifying results for the Bank Of America 500;

On the pole - Mat Kenseth. Thew remaing top 12 are Busch18, Logano , Biffle, Hamlin, Busch41, Johnson, Edwards, Almirola, Newman, Harvick and Dale Jr. Missing the race are Wise and Hill

Breaking News - Harvick will be driving for Busch next year.

Not this Busch
9k=
This Busch
busch-beer-cans.png

sam60

Captain
FL pics made as I'll be busy tomorrow. I should finish somewhere from 7th to last. :fencing::car:

GA_Boater

Reprogram your Betamax! The race is rescheduled to start at 12:30 PM tomorrow on NBCSN. Of course - I'm having trouble finding a working stream. :facepalm:

64osby

Admiral
If you left now you can make it to my place to watch it. But drive fast. :D

GA_Boater

I won't be coming up your way. 64. I found a working stream, for now anyway.

On my newly found stream, I couldn't help but notice the restart zone painted on the track and outside wall. Wonder if Keso will see it? lol

GA_Boater

Not for long! Jeb hits a car on the start.

Testing the new restart already. :smile:

GA_Boater

Jr. hits the wall. Is he staying out? Shades of Harvick?

GA_Boater

How many restarts ended up going yellow in less than a lap? Burton says it's the extended restart zone. Bah!

GA_Boater

That was a smart move by Larson and/or Busch18 coming to the pits. :doh:

GA_Boater

The outside wall finally wore out Kenseth's car. Something broke in the right front and to the garage he goes. 9th caution.

GA_Boater

Gordon is the only Hendrick team not having trouble today. Now JJ has motor trouble.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well Joey for the win, he advances to round 3, hmmm, could it be his year?

GA_Boater

Logano and 64osby are the winners this week. 64 has more than a .5 point edge over wishbonekiller - Not as close as last week. Pretty sure this will hold up Tuesday. Congrats, 64!