The Detroit Lions Get Robbed Again

RGrew176

Commander
This is a picture of the officiating crew at last nights Seattle Seahawks - Detroit Lions game.

mwzj45.png

No wonder they did not see the Seattle player bat the ball out of the back of the endzone.

Volphin

Lieutenant
Saw that too. These guys have been making the rounds to several games! LOL

aspeck

Staff member
I loved the picture of the back judge looking right down the back of the endzone with a clear view of what was happening ... guess his eyes were closed ...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Any chance Detroit could post another perfect season record?

It's a possibility. I like this snippet of a Caldwell interview article;

Moments after the Detroit Lions lost their fourth straight game, this time on a penalty that should have been called, Lions head coach Jim Caldwell may have been too exasperated to articulate his thoughts.

"I'm not going to even go there," Caldwell said, via the Detroit Free Press. "Talk to (vice president of officiating Dean) Blandino and those guys."

When informed that Blandino said the Lions should have gotten the call, Caldwell had this: "He's in New York, he's got the microphone. They talk to him, so ... that's ..."

What do they do in New York when they oversee these games?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Unfortunately, non review-able,

True, but all Blandino and crew needs is a "Throw a flag" button in NY. Give a chance for the refs to talk it over and let the flag stand or the there is no flag on the play call. That is not an official review as they like to call then, it would stay on the field.

It ain't gonna happen unless a ball is going flat. LOL

southkogs

Staff member
Kinda' crazy: I was in Knoxville today for meetings ... the Lions game was the talk of the town.

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Disclosure - Seahawks fan

This fail to call unfortunately changed the outcome of the game. I do have to say it was a heck of a play by Kam stripping the ball. I was unaware of the rule as well. The last MNF Seahawks debacle was called the Fail Mary. I wonder what this one will be called?

Be gentle on the Ref, the Fail Mary guy developed PTSD!

At least Seahawks games are never boring. Go Hawks!

Last edited:

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
I have lost interest in the NFL.
It's going to be Patriots v Packers in the Superbowl, Patriot win.
Convince me I'm wrong,,,,please :)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I have lost interest in the NFL.
It's going to be Patriots v Packers in the Superbowl, Patriot win.
Convince me I'm wrong,,,,please :)
That's pretty much what I think too.

southkogs

Staff member
And you didn't even call? DUDE! ;)
Actually - I thought about it ... but I left the house at 5AM (Central), first meeting at 9:30 (Eastern) ... ended last meeting at 5:45PM Eastern ...

When I got back home, I fell apart ... kinda' like the Lions during the playoffs :boink::eek:

thumpar

Admiral
There is one view that I saw of the play from behind the endzone where it looked like he may have been trying to grab the ball one handed and couldn't get it before it went out.

aspeck

Staff member
It was an unfortunate call, one that I don't like because it potentially (probably) changed the outcome of the game, but one of the calls that is subject to what the official thought he saw, or did not see. For those saying review the play, how long do you want these games to last? If they review EVERY penalty, how many holdings will be called? How many other calls will be made. We will have the possibility of 25-50 flags per team! The games will last 5-6 hours with reviews and the officials will have more yardage than the players.

So, do we only review every play for penalties in the last 2 minutes of each half? End of game? Does that mean a call made in the middle of the game has no bearing on the outcome? They why play the middle of the game?