Just wondering...... Anyone else....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
.....have dogs with bad gas. I mean clear the room and check the carpet for a gift bad. sitting in the office, checking emails, looking over iBoats, checking out a few hot rod projects on a few other forums, and one of the two dogs laying in the room let out a foul stench so bad the other got up to leave.:eek::painkiller:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Oh yeah! And they never rip one, just ease it out and look at at you with big, innocent eyes while yours are watering.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Take a look at what you are feeding them, or what they might be eating during the day when you are not around, normally it is caused by something they are eating. It took us quite a while to find something ours could eat with out ripping the wall paper off the walls!

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Take a look at what you are feeding them, or what they might be eating during the day when you are not around, normally it is caused by something they are eating. It took us quite a while to find something ours could eat with out ripping the wall paper off the walls!
Yep, change dog foods.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the dogs are constantly chasing and catching lizzards and other crawly things outside. could be that. food hasnt changed for a long time.

robert graham

Admiral
My son has a spaniel that farts occasionally.....which can be a good thing, so when the son has gas he can always blame it on that#%+! stinkin' dog!....especially if they're riding in the car!.....

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Chances are it's the lizards and what not protein farts are the worst smelling things around

Maclin

Admiral
Mine are ok most of the time. Every once in a while one of them will have a problem, figure it is some critter or other item they have scrounged up. And it can be BAD :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
When our dogs have this problem I usually just blame it on the Admiral ... ;)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
We use to have two Siberian Huskies before they passed away, and every now and then one of them popped out a nice one and then jump up and look at their rear ends like what caused that sound... We would have to laugh but also clear the room. Glad it wasn't daily... :facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Our Husky doesn't have the stench. When we had a Lab, that was a whole different story...

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
We have a Border Collie that will lift her leg to rip one off while laying down and it sounds like a kid farting, it pretty funny to watch and hear.:D

RGrew176

Commander
Cats can pass off some nasty farts too. I had one some time ago that was pretty bad. She would leave the room. After several episodes we knew by the way she got up and left the room that it was time for us to do the same. Hers were nasty.

Last edited: