NFL - Week 4

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What a week for The Admiral and Fishy! 15 correct. Awesome guys......... Or girlz....;) Fishy has rose thru the ranks from the bottom. And Cowboy is still on top, but shares the spot with the The Admiral......

Top players are still dropping........ Good luck all......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I had to do breakfast in bed for the Admiral. Then I cleaned up because she cleaned up in Pick-Em. LOL

Ravens vs Steelers tomorrow, Oh what to do? These two are usually in a close fight. No Ben and no wins for Baltimore. Coin flip!

aspeck

Staff member
Yea, but the Stillers have Vick ... oh, right, coin toss ...

GA_Boater

If the Atlanta Vick shows up - No contest. But that was 9 years ago. :doh: Heads/Heads - Ooops, got the wrong coin. Gulp!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I was going to ask, Art, how do you think Vick will do? Has nothing to do with who i pick, just curious what your opinion is...

And I have half a sig again...

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
How Does That Song Go........"Started From The Bottom, Now We Here!"..........Go Steelers!
Muhahahahahahaaaa!​

boatman37

Lieutenant
being a die-hard steeler fan i will be glued in front of the TV. not sure how good (or bad) the D-line is for baltimore but vick is surely capable of handing it off to bell and williams. if the run game works steelers should be in good shape. if they need to throw the ball, well then its up in the air:lol:

aspeck

Staff member
I was going to ask, Art, how do you think Vick will do? Has nothing to do with who i pick, just curious what your opinion is...

And I have half a sig again...

Your sig has been showing fine on my laptop ... just saying ...

As for Vick, I am one of the Stiller fans that was glad when they brought him on board. Personally, I think he said he was sorry, paid his debt to society, and it cost him a bunch of money and the best playing years of his life. He was mentored under Tony Dungy, a man I respect. So, I have no issue with the MAN Michael Vick, unless he messes up again. What he did was wrong and disgusting, but repentance is a wonderful thing.

As for his play, I think he plays into the Pittsburgh system well. He has shown in the past that he can improvise, and with the Steeler offensive line, that is something that Ben has had to do for years. I believe we will see more roll outs and not as many down the field passes. Antonio Brown's numbers will take a hit, but the receivers are going to have to work on more yards after the catch. Having Le'Veon Bell in the backfield will be a boost to the offense, which will need a boost with Ben and Spaeth out and Markus Wheaton listed as a probable. Harrison is a probable and Shazier is out for the defense, which will hurt.

Anyway, back to the question ... I think Vick will do okay. At this stage in his career he is no Ben Rothlesberger, but he is a quality back-up who can step up to the plate and still deliver. I just hope that in the short week, he had enough time to prepare. I think he will be hitting his stride about the time Ben comes back from his injury.

Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Your sig has been showing fine on my laptop ... just saying ...

As for Vick, I am one of the Stiller fans that was glad when they brought him on board. Personally, I think he said he was sorry, paid his debt to society, and it cost him a bunch of money and the best playing years of his life. He was mentored under Tony Dungy, a man I respect. So, I have no issue with the MAN Michael Vick, unless he messes up again. What he did was wrong and disgusting, but repentance is a wonderful thing.

As for his play, I think he plays into the Pittsburgh system well. He has shown in the past that he can improvise, and with the Steeler offensive line, that is something that Ben has had to do for years. I believe we will see more roll outs and not as many down the field passes. Antonio Brown's numbers will take a hit, but the receivers are going to have to work on more yards after the catch. Having Le'Veon Bell in the backfield will be a boost to the offense, which will need a boost with Ben and Spaeth out and Markus Wheaton listed as a probable. Harrison is a probable and Shazier is out for the defense, which will hurt.

Anyway, back to the question ... I think Vick will do okay. At this stage in his career he is no Ben Rothlesberger, but he is a quality back-up who can step up to the plate and still deliver. I just hope that in the short week, he had enough time to prepare. I think he will be hitting his stride about the time Ben comes back from his injury.

Does that answer your question?

Yeah, my sig looks fine at the moment today. It's up and down......

I agree, what he did in the past was pathetic. He has paid his debt. And I have no problem with him unless he screws up like that again....

I would think the Ravens will bring everything they got to see if Vick can handle the pressure....... Will be interesting.......

aspeck

Staff member
I would think the Ravens will bring everything they got to see if Vick can handle the pressure....... Will be interesting.......

The problem with that for the Ravens, is I think Vick's legs are still good enough that if they bring everything at him, he can freestyle to get away and gain yardage. Downside to that is that Tomlin and the rest of the offense will be sweating bullets because they DO NOT want him hurt with Ben out. Ben was on crutches all week. Some NFLers say he could come back in 2 weeks, some say it will be at least 8 weeks, most are saying 4-6.

Ravens haven't shown anything much this year, but then again, throw past records out when these two teams play, there is enough respect/hate on both sides of the ball that anything can, and usually does, happen.

I CAN tell you the score of the game before it starts, however ... 0-0. The score after the game ... ask me around midnight tonight.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, here we go. We'll see what happens. I went with the Ravens......

FlaCowboy

Ensign

Even Vick can hand the ball off...:D

Steelers...will run the ball tonight...can Baltimore stop em...:confused:

I took Home Field Advantage...:facepalm:

Last edited:

GA_Boater

6 rushes/4 passes and one rush by Vick. Scooby Do finally hits a longish FG!

FlaCowboy

Ensign
I bet that the Steelers coaches Preached to the Defense this week about what they have to do to shut down Flacco in order to have a chance to win this game...:eek: