Lunar Eclipse

64osby

Admiral
Too cloudy here, but most of the eastern states should be able to see it now.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Too cloudy here, but most of the eastern states should be able to see it now.

Driving home from down south, I could see the full moon thru the breaks in the cloud cover fairly well, so I hoped I would be able to see it when I got home. Nope, complete cloud cover :(

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My only hope is NASA. Too many clouds here and I'm supposed to be in a prime viewing area.

Let's see if this works.

[video]http://www.ustream.tv/nasahdtv[/video]

Tried to imbed, but no work. The link should be good.

Last edited:

bassman284

Commander
Clear here. Pretty dark now, kind of red-orange. I go out on my deck and check it every 5 minutes or so.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Crystal clear here, this one was much better than the last one. Perfect view from my deck.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
It was way to cloudy down here also .. The Admiral was upset ...

southkogs

Staff member
Was out in Charleston on the port all weekend (USS Yorktown) ... couldn't see a thing, and no internet.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Sat out in the yard last night with the fire pit blazing and waited for the moon to arise, By 7:30 it was fairly dark and still wondered when the moon was going to arise???
Then the wife pointed out that there was the moon two fingers high over the mountain in full eclipse.
So we sat around, had a couple of cocktails roasted some smokey dog,
By the time the moon started to come out of the shadow what a show, between the moons brightness and all the stars ------WOW

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Saw the full eclipse, but clouded over for the second part of the show. Before the eclipse, just after dark, the moon seemed to be bigger, but not that much. The eclipse was neat, but I didn't think it lived up to all the hype..... I know, a stick in the mud.... :) When we had the smoke from the Canadian fires, the sun looked more impressive......

angus63

Captain
Fortunate to have a clear view while down by the ocean beaches for a concert last night. For a while it was like an old penny in the sky. Quite large and bright while low on the horizon. Tides were rippin'!!

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Had a great view here clouds left once the Eclipse started kept the little ones up to see it I'm sure they will appreciate it when they get older

aspeck

Staff member
Saw it clear till half the moon was obscured. Then the clouds came in and it was a full eclipse alright ... the clouds eclipsed EVERYTHING! Bummer!