Need a traffic lawyer in NY

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Got a speeding ticket coming off the Grand Island bridge on the way to the airport. Anyone out there get this handled to a non moving violation for me? First ticket in about 20 years.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sounds like you need to pay the piper. You were caught speeding. If this was your first ticket in 20 years, I wouldn't worry about it. It's highly unlikely to have a negative effect on your ins.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Redneck Joe, you have to understand that out of stater's have to spend their money there for everything to work out fine. So the police wait for folks like you that don't know where they setup. And you were their lucky one...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i was in an in state rental vehicle, yes I was speeding, i'll pay, just don't want it on my record.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Send in a not guilty and request a telecon with the da

boatman37

Lieutenant
in PA if you request a hearing and get there early and ask the cop to work with you they will usually let you plead guilty to 5 over so you get a smaller fine and no points on your record. happens all the time here and the judges are fine with it too

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Plead not guilty and go to court. Traffic officers have heard it all however, respect them, show your remorse, and negotiate the ticket. The courtroom is the only proper arena to negotiate your ticket. If you don't ant this on your record then take a shot at the proper route. You might win..... you never know.

Just curious....... How fast were you going??

64osby

Admiral
A guy I know from IL called me a few years ago wondering if I knew anybody that could help with a ticket. He was popped doing 90 in a 70 in the small town I worked in. I didn't know anyone in the town. Did give him a number of an atty that was located in the court house building. He called back after and reported it was reduce to a non moving violation by the atty.

He was concerned due to the fact that it would have effected his CDL licence and insurance.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Not going back to NY for a ticket, and I was doing 71 in a 45 work zone. Before everyone blows up, in my part of the world and many others the work zone is rules are 'when workers present' and on this sunday morning they were not working. The usual limit was 65. I normally drive 68 - 72 on a 4 lane highway.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
most jurisdictions will negotiate a ticket except Door County Wisconsin :facepalm:

I would plead guilty and get a pre-trial conference with the DA.

ehenry

Commander
I'm curious....just how bad will pleading guilty, paying the fine and moving on affect your insurance? Do you have several teenage boys on it and its already high as the sky? You carry a CDL? I guess I don't understand how bad it will affect your insurance if you haven't had a ticket in 20 years as you say.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I'm curious....just how bad will pleading guilty, paying the fine and moving on affect your insurance? Do you have several teenage boys on it and its already high as the sky? You carry a CDL? I guess I don't understand how bad it will affect your insurance if you haven't had a ticket in 20 years as you say.

One boy (dad carries the other), nothing special but I just don't want it on. Then, last niggt............ (our boy driving all ok on our side)

http://wgnsradio.com/motorcycle-and-...rive-cms-28749

Last edited: