Bit The Bullet..........

ehenry

Commander
And bought a new vehicle. My wife was next in line for a ride so she went of a quest with her buddy looking at rides. She came home with a Buick Enclave. We drove it for a couple days. It rides and drives good lots of amenities that she likes. We've traded our 1999 Dodge Durango w/155K miles on it.

I hope this car gives us as good a service as the old Dodge.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
ehenry, I too hope you enjoy it as well as your old vehicle. I own a '98 Blazer and still drives and looks like new. But I keep it well cared for. My only problem with all the offerings of SUVs these days is the fact that not one of them are still built on a frame other then maybe Jeep. The older mid-size SUVs were basically built on the mid size truck frames and therefore allowed them to be rear wheel drive with some actual towing capability. But todays SUVs are merely all for looks. There is no frame and no rear wheel drive and ability to haul anything. So I am holding out because I hear rumbling that they are going to return to mid size trucks and hopefully SUV's on frames once again... JMHO!

southkogs

Staff member
Congrats! If nothing else, against a late 90's Durango I would think you'll at least like the gas mileage :) Should be a pretty silky ride in the Enclave.

ehenry

Commander
The Dodge over all has been a good vehicle for the last 16 years. The only major repair was transmission five years ago. I've been driving it for the last 6 years. The front evap core has a leak now and takes a can of 134 every two weeks to keep it cool. The entire dash has to come out to replace it. The cheapest I can find that done is $1600. I just cant see putting that kind of money in a 16 year old vehicle that's only worth $2000 that's using oil and needs clutches in the rearend. Besides, the wife was due something new, its her turn and I seriously doubt this Buick will be used for towing anything. The best thing is she LOOKS GOOD behind the wheel of the Buick but then again she'd make a Yugo look good.

If the dealership will give me $1k to $1500 I'll be happy. We will find out this afternoon when we go pick the Buick up.

Last edited: