Which is deadlier, a spider or....???

klroth025

Cadet
Considering the forum, if you were on your boat with your children, would you dive overboard if you saw a spider?

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Very stupid woman. Risking the life of her 9 year old child (and anyone in the vicinity) just because of a spider.

RGrew176

Commander
In August I purchased a 1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin. The boat had been sitting all season in its slip except for the two times I sea trialed the boat and when the mechanic who did some engine work took her out. I closed August 14th. That night I spent my first night aboard. Because the boat had been sitting there were quite a few spiders inside the boat. I killed 34 of them the first night before I went to sleep, not wanting to get bitten by one of them. The 2nd night I killed 3 more. I am up to 44 total as of last week. Pretty much all the ones I am killing now are baby spiders since I think I have killed off all the adults. I have a battery operated bug zapper that does a wonderful job. I also have killed many outside after dark when they come out to feed and build their webs. The funny thing is of the 44 spiders I have zapped all have been in the main salon or galley area, only 1 so far in the aft cabin where I sleep.

I don't mind spiders when they are outside but once they come inside my boat or home they will be killed.

Volphin

Lieutenant
In August I purchased a 1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin. The boat had been sitting all season in its slip except for the two times I sea trialed the boat and when the mechanic who did some engine work took her out. I closed August 14th. That night I spent my first night aboard. Because the boat had been sitting there were quite a few spiders inside the boat. I killed 34 of them the first night before I went to sleep, not wanting to get bitten by one of them. The 2nd night I killed 3 more. I am up to 44 total as of last week. Pretty much all the ones I am killing now are baby spiders since I think I have killed off all the adults. I have a battery operated bug zapper that does a wonderful job. I also have killed many outside after dark when they come out to feed and build their webs. The funny thing is of the 44 spiders I have zapped all have been in the main salon or galley area, only 1 so far in the aft cabin where I sleep.

I don't mind spiders when they are outside but once they come inside my boat or home they will be killed.

Peppermint oil repels them nicely. They HATE the stuff.