Colt has a lifetime repair????!!!!

ezbtr

Commander
Need my 45 (of 25 yrs) repaired, so many rounds through it, I can send to them and if just worn out they fix free forever!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Unless Ruger has change their ways, they do the same. I would be surprised to see most any well known brand do anything else really...

Volphin

Lieutenant
That is if Colt remains in business. They have been on the dumb side of many decisions leading to their poor financial stability.

thumpar

Admiral
Almost all of the big name companies will fix their product for free. I had a Glock that got a new frame. The Colt bankruptcy is most likely protection only. With the government contracts they have it is not likely they are going away.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I do know that Colt shot themselves in the foot (pun actually intended) some years ago and maybe folks are still reeling from their bad decisions. Colt stop producing any type AR rifle for the general population and only marketed to the Military. And their profits went way down. So Colt made some really stupid decisions along the way that could have been part of their demise. And with so many other AR manufacturers these days, Colt didn't think that one through very well in my opinion. And the fantastic 1911 A1 pistols are also manufactured by a ton of great manufacturers as well now with better specs and desired options that make the Colt line iffy. So Colt trying to play the game with pro and con gun control decisions, is feeling those results now. As far as gun manufactures repairing their products, I know a lot of companies that have life time guaranteed repair. Thompson Center is one that comes to mind and their products are amazing as well... JMHO!

DBG40

Cadet
My father in law used to work there when it was still at the old colt building. They have a long history of having a "go to hell" attitude towards the public market, and foolishly thought the government cash would never run out. they spent themselves into a hole not once, but twice, and as usual, they want another hand out. When they refused to speak up in the public behalf during the Clinton AR ban, they lost a lot of their fan base, Including me. I didn't think they would rebuild a shot out pistol, learn something new every day.

From the river last weekend..

IMG_2610_zpsbl6nfoqq.jpg