Nascar Race #27 - Chase #1 , Challenger Round, Part 1 In The Windy City

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The new generation of drivers are all whiners. And by new generation, I mean Gordon on down. The seasoned boys along with some other guys that have been around for a while. It's been years that if you dare touch my car we "will" see each other in the pits. "Rubbin' is Racin'" has gone by the wayside. I have a feeling a lot of it has to do with the sponsors. The get tired of paying to have the cars sheet metal straightened each week. Actually, new panels put on. It's hard to blame them, but it also has took an element out of racing.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Wim,

I agree, my wife and I were just sitting here talking about it and it was "Rubbin is Racing" but not anymore, many of these guys and girls on the track now, would have never made it 30 years ago, those guys flat went at each other real hard every single week, some of them because stars, but none of them did to become a star, they were simply guys racing for the flag every week.

64osby

Admiral
The cars don't take the rubbing the way they used to either. Used to be able to bump, bang and clip the wall more then once and still have the fastest or winning car.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That's the trouble with all this aero stuff. The cars are designed in a wind tunnel for perfect conditions. Real world - Nothing is perfect for long with 43 cars vying for the front.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
As quick as they blow apart these days, it looks like they make them from tin foil, they may have not been "stock" in the past, but they were still using all of the same heavy duty body panels that the factory built them with.

GA_Boater

I remember when the cars still had factory bumpers. Hence the term "Chrome Horn" was born. LOL

GA_Boater

Yeah, but you're old......:sad::bolt::bounce:

Yeah - When I talk about the good old days it's because I lived them. :eek:

Well Nascar has finalized Chicago results.

Yep - FlaCowboy won another week, number 8 of these :first:. He must have a new recipe for ribs cuz those bones are keeping the rest of us in the pits. My season is the pits, anyway. :blue:

Cowboy added points to pad his overall lead over 64osby. Now a shade over 350 points.

Next race at New Hampshire for Cup and Trucks. X-Men are at Kentucky this weekend.

64osby

Admiral
Cowboy is moving on up. He didn't have to wait 2 weeks to get results this time. :joyous:

Nice win FC. :thumb:​

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Thanks Guys :)

It was a good thing for me that Harvick blew a tire :D or ASpeck would have whipped all of us :facepalm:

Speaking of Harvick...he had plenty of room to move up and give Jimmy the bottom lane. It was way too early in the race to try and hold a position like Harvick was trying to do...Logano caused it all but Harvick could have gave a little and all would have been fine.

I am not even gonna go to that..."old" stuff...:D