Nascar Race #27 - Chase #1 , Challenger Round, Part 1 In The Windy City

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
After 26 races it comes down to the final 10 races to crown the Nascar 2015 Winston Cup Champ. So who gets to burn the tires off after the final race at Homestead? Will it be Johnson, Busch18, Logano, Harvick, Dale Jr, Busch41, Edwards, Keso, Truex, Hamlin, McMurray, Gordon, Newman, Menard or Bowyer? Any Chaser winning one of the three races in the Challenger round will automatically move on to the next stage. In conjunction with the Cup race, Truck and X-Men are competing as well.

From MRN, the schedule;

chi.PNG

The Chicago entry list has 46 names. On the bubble are Kvapil, Hill and Yeley - They need to qualify on speed. In the event Q-ing is cancelled, Kvapil, Blamey and McDowell will miss the race - There might be a good chance after seeing the forecast for Friday and Saturday;

chi-wx.PNG

New and Notes
  • Aarons will not be sponsoring a team next year after MWR announced the sidewalks are being rolled up.
  • MWR Owner Points may be for sale as a tangible asset. Possible buyers - RCR or Penske.
  • Chad Knaus and Jimmie Johnson have signed contract extensions, Knaus for 3 years and Johnson for 2 along with a piece of Hendricks auto empire. Sounds like JJ has his retirement figured out.
  • Richmond inspection penalties - Three teams will be docked 15 minutes of practice time for being late to inspection. Jeb Burton is losing 30 minutes for being late to inspection, not once but twice! :nono:
  • Roger Penske ain't happy with the final restart at Richmond. He's saying Nascar should have penalized race leader Kenseth foe jump the gun. Nascar pretty much said "Sit on it, Roger"
  • No schedule has been announced for next year, but rumors are that Richmond's Saturday night Spring race will move to Sunday afternoon.
  • TV ratings for Richmond were the second worst cable race of the year.
iboats Fantasy Live
The FL winner at Richmond was 64osby. I mean he made mincemeat out of the rest of us. If I could, 64 would get two :first:s, one for the weekly win and one for the stomping he gave the league. Congrats!

FlaCowboy is still leading the overall, but osby moved from third to second after his convincing Richmond win. Since we're at the end of the regular season and moving on to the Playoffs, here is a list of winners through the first 26 races with all the bling.

FlaCowboy :first::first::first::first::first::first::first:

64osby :first::first::first::first::first::first:

aspeck :first::first::first:

QC :first::first::first:

GA_Boater :first::first:

Jip :first::first:

wishbonehiller :first:

Gear Grinder 3 :first:

sam60 :first:​

Unlike the Chase, all is not new again for us FLers. Make your team changes and updates before the race kicks off at 3:19 on Sunday. Good luck.

Time for Thursday Night Football,

Humpty_Boater

humpy.PNG

sam60

Captain
Another great intro, but no mention of today's practice times... :joyous:

88.png 1.png 2.png

GA_Boater

I'm complaining to MRN, Sam. They left off part of the schedule. :mad-new:

Those must be short track cars. Keso looks confused. :joyous:

64osby

Admiral
looks like clints confused. he is standing in jimmies car

Think he is standing behind it, looking to see if he has a car.

Kenseth and Newman look like they could care less.

The track should be washed spiffy clean after the storm that just blew through.

64osby

Admiral
Rain should have stopped at the track, but the race is moved to Sat 10:30 am on FS2. I won't be watching now.

GA_Boater

The rain washed everything away. Cup qualifying was cancelled and the Truck race has been delayed until 9:30 AM ET tomorrow morning.

Because Q-ing was scrubbed, Cup stating positions are based on owner points. Harvick on pole (no pole award) followed by Logano, Keso, Truex, Jr., Dillon, Newman, Busch18, Kahne, Busch41 and Gordon rounding out the top ten.

Kvapil, Blaney and McDowell are watching from the stands

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The grounds crew will have some work after that little oooops.... Cool.

GA_Boater

The grounds crew will have some work after that little oooops.... Cool.

I take it that we had a little mud slide.

I can't get the stream to connect. :blue: Besides it's too early to watching a race from Chicago. LOL

GA_Boater

I got it now. Wonder if they will have NBCSN tomorrow, I'll check it out during the X-Men tonight.

GA_Boater

Oops - Forgot a thanks, 64. Gotta refresh at times, but I see Trucks.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I take it that we had a little mud slide.

I can't get the stream to connect. :blue: Besides it's too early to watching a race from Chicago. LOL

More like a mud plow. Gouged out a big chunk going into pit road. I only watched a couple minutes of the stream. It's too early for me to start watching a race..... :) My daughter is home and we need to go eat breakfast in the trailer.....Lol

GA_Boater

I saw a replay when the stream started working - Buncha mud.

Breakfast? Better make that brunch. :joyous:

GA_Boater

Was hoping for empty tank racing for Shrubby in the X-Men race, but he held off Kenseth for the win.