Donation

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Every September I build a Project and donate it to the United Way Campaign at my Work. This year I decided to build my Modified Adirondack Chair design chair. All my projects are made from re-cycled Crates that I scrounge from the Alleys and loading docks locally. I decided to paint it in my Beloved OSU Cowboys Orange and Black colors and apply WaterSlide decals to the chair. I seal it all with 5 coats of UV protecting Clear Coat. I hope it makes a lot of money at the auction!! Paint is the same paint I use to Paint boats with, good ole' Rustoleum or Tractor Paint with the added Hardener. Most of the wood is Southern Yellow Pine and I treat it again with my Old Timers Wood Preservative Recipe. Chairs should last a good long time.

Chair.jpg
Front.jpg

Back.jpg
Arms.jpg

Posted the chair on my website and had 5 orders in the first 10 mins!!! Looks like it's a HIT!!!

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Awesome!! They look fantastic, and should bring in lots of money for the charity.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
It's nice to see people doing things for their community good job wood theirs some karma points for ya not that you need any

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOG, nice chairs. I built a lot of them but there were for friends and they had to help with the efforts and buy the wood. However, I bought a lot of Cypress wood for my chairs and left them natural and that was ten or more years ago. I still have five of them sitting on our front porch and back porch. And then are solid as a rock still without any rot or issues. Cypress is great wood for outside construction like these chairs... You did a great job. :thumb:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Ok, Auction Finally happened and the Chair Sold for $450 bucks!!! YAY!!!! I'm a Happy WoodWorker!!!! Go POKES!!!!:D

Next Year I'll build an Oklahoma Sooners Chair and see which of the Fans will donate the most money!!!!

Boomer Sooner!!!!!

Last edited: