you know that sick feeling....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
.... when you are operating the chainsaw, everything is going good, chips are flying, the saw is singing at about 6000 RPM, you lean forward putting a bit of pressure on the blade just a bit to finish the cut because the Cicadas are flying around your head.......then "KATHWAK" and silence. pull on the rope - it wont budge.

there is not enough beer in my fridge for this.

the old Mac 10-10 may be down for the count.

put a wrench on the clutch, attempt to move it back and forth....nothing yet. thinking its time for a new saw.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Oh no por saw I've had that happen to me sorry to hear give it a good burial if you must

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would look into a stihl if I used the saw more than once a year. I no longer need to cut wood for a living. I still have two other saws not including electric.

I got the piston to move, however it has a bit of slop. Assuming rod bearings went. May pull it apart if I get bored

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
It takes a lot to kill one of the McCullough 10-10's I still have a McCullough 250 with the Post Hole attachment and it is tempermental to start, got to start off a squirt can until it picks up the prime, then it is a digging machine.