Incoop?????????

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I see it's your birthday today! You're just a youngin'! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD!!!!!!! Sorry for the late wishes.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Aw, he's smoking a llama or a mini-giraffe. :D

Hope ya had a good day with cake and ice cream, incoop. :party:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I wonder which is in season now????? :noidea::llama::eyebrows:

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Thanks guys! Had to give up the llama and mini giraffe but I did grill a big mess of chicken bird and have a few peeps over. I'm now officially forbidden to eat any land mammals due to an allergy caused by a tick bite. Had an allergic reaction last night because I ate some bacon. It kinda sucks, but it could be a lot worse.

GA_Boater

Other the the "Bacon Incident", sounds like you had a good day, incoop. Hope the allergy is is temporary!

aspeck

Staff member
Happy birthday, Mr. lncoop! What??? No bacon??? Oh the horrors! I am so sorry!

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Happy LLAMA DAMMA DING DONG Jerry Giraffe on the grill kinda of Birthday Mister Coop!

FlaCowboy

Ensign
:very_drunk: late to the party as usual...Happy Belated BDay Coop...:hungry: Can I have your share of the Bacon Please...?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hate to hear you've got a bacon allergy.... jeez, please dont even look in my direction, I dont wanna catch it...
Orherwise, happy belated bday, hope all else was great

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Hate to hear you've got a bacon allergy.... jeez, please dont even look in my direction, I dont wanna catch it...
Orherwise, happy belated bday, hope all else was great

Thank you sir, and everyone else. Hard to believe I've been iboating for five years. I just happened to look at my join date and post count simultaneously and got a chuckle. Works out to 1k posts a year. That's a lot of rambling, and I've seen quite a few changes around here. Been kind of scarce lately but rest assured the Coops are still waterbugs, especially the vice admiral and I. The two of us spend a lot more time on moving and white water than we do on lakes but we still break out the barge to accommodate the admiral.

I'm not just allergic to bacon. I literally cannot eat any land mammals; no beef, pork, lamb, bison, venison, bear, llama, miniature giraffe; nothing. To my knowledge aquatic mammals are okay, so I guess I can have manatee, whale, seal, sea lion and sea horse but other than that the only meat I can consume is the kind with fins or wings.

Here's how it works. If a Lone Star tick bites you it may secrete trace amounts of a carbohydrate called Alpha-Galactin into your blood. Alpha-Gal doesn't normally exist in human critters so if one is exposed to it by one of those little ba*****s then eats something that contains it things get ugly fast; in my case gastric distress, the runs and hives from the neck down. Apparently that type of reaction is more serious than I thought. They're miserable but I didn't think they were life threatening as long as I could still breathe, but the allergist fussed at me for not deploying an Epi Pen when I experience them.I told her I thought those were only for anaphylaxis and she said "What do you think that is?".She told me I've been really lucky and I must produce a lot of adrenaline. We had a very interesting conversation. I have Epi Pens stashed everywhere because despite my best efforts at avoidance accidental exposure is inevitable. Did y'all know Twinkies now have beef fat and beef tallow in em?:mad: Good times.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

You mean you waited 'til Twinkies came back on the shelves and you can't eat them now. :blue: You've turned into a Human Food Test Dummy. :mad:

I googled and no treatment. The Medicos think if you don't get more tick bites, the stuff gradually flushes out. I hope so, Coop!

littlerayray

Lieutenant
So sorry to hear about the no land mammals thing but if you want I will eat your share

64osby

Admiral
Happy Belated and raise a glass to many more.

Sorry to hear about the allergy. Time to start watching "strange food" shows. Come up with some tasty alternates like rattle snakes and iguanas.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Happy Belated and raise a glass to many more.

Sorry to hear about the allergy. Time to start watching "strange food" shows. Come up with some tasty alternates like rattle snakes and iguanas.

Those be land animals..........:sad:

Well, doesn't that suck, 'coop........ I never heard of such a thing until now. The more I thought about it, the more I thought how tough its going to be, at least in the beginning.... Keep those pens handy! And no twinkies???!!!

Ticks are just nasty no matter where you live. It was a bad year for them too.... I was bit a bunch of times. Nothing happened that I'm aware of... Nothing happened that I'm aware of... Nothing happened that I'm aware of...:twitch:

You'll have to share all your fish recipes. And don't forget the sea horse, or star fish ones too........ :)

southkogs

Staff member
... You'll have to share all your fish recipes. And don't forget the sea horse, or star fish ones too........ :)[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
... from what I hear dolphin is pretty good. They say manatee tastes a lot like miniature giraffe, so you might give that a whirl too.

Sorry to hear of your trouble, Coop.

aspeck

Staff member
In all seriousness (yes, I can be once in a blue moon, and this is the only time till the next blue moon in 2018) ostrich is a good substitute for beef ... Yummy red meat ... Could help fell the void of a nice steak every now and then ... Hope you can get that out of your system and get back to eating slim jims (wait, is there really meat in them?) and twinkies! Praying for you!