Football pick em???

aspeck

Staff member
Steelers picked up a good replacement for Shaun Suisham while he recovers from injury this year ...

Volphin

Lieutenant
I just want to punch that smug smile off of Brady's mug. One word: Cheater.

aspeck

Staff member
I just want to punch that smug smile off of Brady's mug. One word: Cheater.

Tell us how you really feel, Volphin, and quit sugar coating things! LOL!

I think the original punishment was too much for the crime, and in the end there didn't seem to be enough HARD proof, but he is smug and comes from a team of cheaters and rules stretchers. What I don't understand is how the judge came upon his ruling, since the owners and players association agreed to the rules of arbitration (which was stupid for them to do because the rules were dumb). I guess agreements no longer matter.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I was hoping for the decision to be upheld .. I think we play em in week 4 ! :eek:
We need whatever break we can get .. ;)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Don't worry, Goodell is appealing..........:pound:

bassman284

Commander
Don't worry, Goodell is appealing..........:pound:
Which could take a year or more to resolve. It's kind of over for this season.

I have to say I'm not really surprised at the judge's decision given the evidence. The NFL chose to make it all about the evidence and the evidence was really weak. I think they would have been better off saying the CBA lets Roger call any punishment he wants (which it essentially does) and say the evidence didn't matter. BUT, the NFL chose to make their presentation to Judge Berman based on the evidence, which I say again was incredibly weak, and I think that in the process they really pissed the judge off.
They brought a really weak case and he nuked them.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The judge applied law and the NFL applied we can do what we want. It doesn't work that way in the courts.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I am glad Brady's playing.

Glad arrogant Goodell was shown up.

There was basically ZERO evidence.

I am sure the first 4 teams that play them aren't happy LOL...too freaking bad!

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Not unhappy .. Only slightly annoyed :lol: . Honestly I think they should let each team choose whatever psi they want . As long as the size and weight are the same . That would give everyone whatever advantage they think they can get from an over or under inflated ball ..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not unhappy .. Only slightly annoyed :lol: . Honestly I think they should let each team choose whatever psi they want . As long as the size and weight are the same . That would give everyone whatever advantage they think they can get from an over or under inflated ball ..

That's exactly how I feel. Let them inflate them to whatever they want, I think it's a dumb rule. Not sure what they think they're accomplishing with it....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That's exactly how I feel. Let them inflate them to whatever they want, I think it's a dumb rule. Not sure what they think they're accomplishing with it....

Heck, a player can't wear Beats to a press conference. Of course air pressure is in the rules, probably color of their supporter, too.