Nautical Lights on Driveway

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
As i work in a shipyard, I have managed to acquire a couple of Navigational Lights, 1 Red, 1 Green that i wish to install on my driveway corner posts. My belief is Red on Right Return then I should put the Red light on the RIght side of the Driveway as I am pulling into it.

What is your opinion as to which side the lights should show. Red on the RIght as headed in or Green on Right as headed in?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
HHmm... I'm setting up the lake house with nautical theme's too. I have a few thing's set up, An antique anchor bolted to a big rock, next to the anchor is some bent propellers. I'm setting up the path to the lake with stanchions from a sailboat, complete with lifelines, 2 25 foot outriggers as flagpoles. The nav lights at the driveway sounds like a good idea too!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... I built a couple channel marker buoys, years ago,....

They graced the end of my driveway, for years,....

My driveway is uphill off the road, so I also went with red on the right,....

f8136.jpg

f260904.jpg

A couple summers ago, I was out in the garage buildin' something, 'n a guy pulled in it a pickup, pullin' a trailer,....
I stopped what I was doin', 'n went to talk to 'im,...
he asked whether the buoys were for sale, 'n of course, Everything is for sale, at the right price,...
What price was the question, 'n I told him a bar owner was gonna buy 'em a couple years before, but couldn't fit 'em at his bar, but he didn't bat an eye, when I said a Grand,...
The guy says, Ok, I brought $800. where's the nearest atm to get the other $200...??
I told him where to find the atm, 'n I'd fire up the backhoe to load 'em,....
20 minutes later, he was the Happiest guy on the planet, headed to his house on the St Lawrence river, with his buoys in tow, 'n I was the 2nd Happiest guy on the planet, countin' my Grand I built outa the dumpster,.... ;) :D

superbenk

Commander
Given a welder is $1k & Bondo cornered the market already, you'll have to best him in bulk so you can break even. You'll have to build & sell a few! :D

Bondo, nice work!

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Those are even better than what i had in mind, i was going to mount on a post. With the scrap i have available, my own welder, and a boy that can weld and paint, i just might follow Bondo's lead. Great Pics, but what is the white stuff in your photos???

Bondo

Staff member
but what is the white stuff in your photos???

Ayuh,...... That's the stuff that falls outa the sky, just before I'm able to Walk on Water,.... ;)