Non boaters make me laugh

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Things non boaters have said or asked me

1 why buy a boat their just money pits
my answer where else can my family go for a full day for fifty bucks and have this much fun over and over and over again
2 watching them tie my docklines and then when I retie them they ask what they did wrong and I say it wasn't done my way lol
3 this is more a grating then funny is when a non boater or companion tries to help without me asking
I've got others that aren't coming to me but I'm wondering what you guys can come up with as well

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
A little different experience from non-boaters

1. Money pits....My answer, I didn't buy a boat to save money...or better yet, stop by the gas dock to top off on the way out. Most have never seen 3 digits on a fuel pump, let alone a number beginning with a 3 or 4....lol
2. I tell them please don't help. We don't need someone to break an arm or crush an appendage trying to strong arm a #5.5K boat off the dock. Most stand pretty far away.
3. All are warned...once we leave the dock, we're not coming back until we're done for the day and You puke, you clean the boat. 75% get this greenish looking complexion in time. Of those, 90% never ask to go again....lol

littlerayray

Lieutenant
I have a bow rider and landlubbers love the bow seats what they don't realize is with the right wave I can get it to break over a bow and when they realize it's too late and they get a good soaking it's funny as hell

thumpar

Admiral
The one that bugs me is when people want to make their own schedule. They either want to be picked up at the dock later than when I am out or need to go in early. I am not running 15-20 miles down the lake one way to make your schedule. If you want to go then go on my schedule. Another thing is when they don't chip in for fuel. I can't claim triple digits with a 2 but I can claim triple digits.

The one thing about a boat is like littlerayray stated. Where else can you have this much family fun for $50? It is probably the best family time you could ever have. I grew up on boats and they are some of the best memories I have.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I don't seem to have a problem with non-boaters as much as I do with some other actual boaters.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Landlubbers just make me laugh when they try to help and sure their intentions are good it's more my ocd when it comes to my boat

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
I agree with Bonz_D, the Non-Boaters I take out for the most part are curious but stay clear when asked. I brief them to let me and the Boy do what needs to be done, they can just enjoy the ride. It is the other Boaters that are in the zone and not watching thier surroundings like they should.