Pre Cancer

gonfishn

Commander
This is some new language for me. Was having problems with swallowing and went do my doc. Long story short he found a lesion and removed it. When the biopsy came back his response was you have Pre cancer. In my book either ya got it or you Don't. He wants to do a follow up in six weeks to see if this laser got rid of it. He is a good young surgeon but this is a first for me. BTW its been a while and also wanted to stop in and say hey; Fishn is great and the muskies are even greater Lovn retirement. Also Want to thank all those who still are working and my retirement and military pension check is greatly appreciated

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Thank you for your service, sorry to hear about your situation. I had a pain in my neck I couldn't shake - turned out to be a brain tumor that was mostly removed. They also found a second one (different one) that they zapped that one in place. It's amazing what they can do these days. Stay on top of follow-ups to minimize potential for more surprises. You're on my list of those to send positive thoughts.

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ as above: thanks for serving.

The nice thing about the term "pre cancer" is that it can't quite be diagnosed as cancer, and in my book it means you can fight it down. It's great they can cut it out now. Do a little reading on natural things you can do too - diet, exercise, etc. - that might help you keep it from ever coming back.

Enjoy your retirement ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Pre in this case is good. They caught it early! Usually, early detection is the key to a very high percentage of it being cured if it ever does go cancerous.... Be glad they found it now..... Just keep thinkin' about and catchin' those muskies! :)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Pre-cancer by no means that it will ever be caner. You could have pre-cancer for ever and it never goes into cancer ever. If fact I honestly don't know why they even state anything is pre-cancerous. It is kind of a misnomer. I wouldn't get too worried about it because it just isn't cancer and probably never will be either... JMHO!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
The medical term is dysplasia and it can indeed mean that something could become cancerous.
dys?pla?sia
disˈplāZH(ē)ə/
noun MEDICINE

"the enlargement of an organ or tissue by the proliferation of cells of an abnormal type, as a developmental disorder or an early stage in the development of cancer."

robert graham

Admiral
My doctor has removed lots of my little warts, moles, dry skin patches, etc., etc.....he Always refers to them as "pre cancerous lesions"....so far, none of them has ever turned out to be cancerous....But it's good that your doctor has your lesion "on the radar" to just keep an eye on it.....good luck!

Jeep Man

Commander
Keep getting checkups Gonfishn. I have had 13 bits of flesh removed and listed as a mole, pre-cancer, basil cell etc. Fact is #13 was melanoma so I had to go back and get more removed around it to be sure they got it all. Pre-cancer is just what it says. Catch it early and all is good.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Its a first for you but not for your doctor, follow his directions and good luck with your recovery.