Prayer Request.

angus63

Captain
You and the Mrs. good spirit and devotion is inspiring and I am sure will see her through to full recovery. My best to your family

Jeep Man

Commander
Great to hear she's improving. It was a year for my wife and she wasn't hurt as much as your daughter. Thanks for the update. I was thinking about sending you a PM to see how she was doing.

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Hey osby just wondering how the family is doing still praying for your and his family

64osby

Admiral
Thanks for asking Ray.

My wife has been sick this week so I've spent a week with my daughter so far.

Sleeping on hospital couches is good for my chiropractor, not so good for me.

Daughter continues to make slow steady progress with all the therapy provided. :cool:

Very interesting and often crazy stuff related to brain injuries.

I tend to be a linear thinker, many aspects of this don't fit the parameters of linear or straight logic. I'm learning too.:)

64osby

Admiral
Spending another few days up with my daughter. She is making good progress.

Yesterday she walked 400 ft with a walker. She still is under doctors orders for 50% weight on her left leg.

This week that order should go to full weigh bearing status. Shouldn't be too long till she is walking on her own.:cool:

Her short term memory is still pretty weak. She is starting to figure out she was in an accident but it doesn't stick too long.

If all goes well we will be heading home the first week of November. Therapy will continue once we get home.

All the prayers and good thoughts are paying off. :thumb::joyous:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Good to hear, 64. Thanksgiving will be a good one this year.

aspeck

Staff member
Cheering on progress. There will be lots to be thankful for come Thanksgiving Day! Still praying ...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Some times it takes a long time for the body to rebuild itself. But glad progress is still going on. Yes, Thanksgiving will be sincerely genuine this year. Prayers and well wishes are still coming your way. God Bless you and your family.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Glad to hear she is up and they have her walking some. We will continue to pray for healing, and for her memory to improve. Thanks for keeping us posted.

alldodge

Staff member
Sounds real good, still have your family in our thoughts

64osby

Admiral
Thanks for all the great thoughts and prayers.

Today was a milestone. The first day of full weight bearing for her. She did some walking with a walker and a short distance with using just a hand rail.

Good things happening. :)

littlerayray

Lieutenant
Oh great glad to hear progressed no matter how small is still progress still have you all in my prayers best of luck hopefully soon your lives will be somewhat more normal in the next few months

64osby

Admiral
IMG_00561[1].jpg

My daughter had a fun day here at the Hospital yesterday. She was able to trick or treat on the floor. Ended up with a bit of candy and many cool little toys. Love the mini slinky. The staff and the other families and my better half all did a great job making sure the kids were able to enjoy the holiday.

We are gearing up to head home on the 4th Yeah!!!. My daughter is looking forward to getting home. Her own bed, our animals and no more hospital food.

Finished up a few safety and security items that were needed at home and are all set to have our girl back home.

It will be wonderful to be a family under one roof once again.

Thanks again for all the wonderful prayers and mojo coming our way.