Prayer Request.

64osby

Admiral
Earlier today my daughter was in a severe auto accident. She is stable in ICU at this time. She has a broken hip and leg and a bruised brain.

The Doc's say she is doing good, they have her in an induced state of paralysis at this time.

One of her best friends is doing better, but has 2 broken legs.

Prayers and good thoughts would be very much appreciated for these two great girls.

Also request prayers for my daughter's boyfriends family, he did not survive the crash.

Thank you in advance to all the great people here at iboats.

southkogs

Staff member
... I can't find words to seem to fit. Your family and the family of the young man lost certainly have my prayers and best wishes for peace, comfort and healing.

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Done. God bless you and yours, prayers sent to all involved. Sorry to hear this news, hang in there man.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Sorry for your tragedy, I too have 1st hand experience, will be added to my prayer wheel for a speedy recovery.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I am at a loss for words. Prayers for your daughter and her friend for a quick recovery and condolences for those who lost a son and a friend, I literally had to catch my breath when I read this. I am sorry.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I don't know what to say either. My gosh. Prayers sent.... Hang in there, 64osby....

jbcurt00

Staff member
Done w an extra heap of good thoughts headed that way.

I'll be traveling for the next week, but will check back for an update. Hope they are both well on the way towards improving when I do. Godspeed to them both.

They can fix 'em up, but there will be more then scars suggest. I hope that isnt too overwhelming, esp if the young man that died wasnt driving.

Condolences to the other family.

I keep odd hours, even when working during the day. I can be available if ya want to chat or rant. PM me anytime. If you want my email or cell just send a PM.

Reminds us to not take time for granted.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Prayer on their way. Hope everything works out for everybody...

64osby

Admiral
Thank you all with my deepest sincerity.

My daughter is stable but still critical. She is a fighter and as stubborn as I am (so says the Admiral).

Praying is about the only I can do here at the hospital. I'm not used to sitting and letting others do all the work.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Hope all works out and she gets back on her feet soon.

You said they have her in an induced state of paralysis, is this for the hip and the pain?

Or did you mean induced coma?

Hang in there.

64osby

Admiral
roscoe, I would call it induced coma, but they call it paralysis, (meds to keep her from moving).

They are doing this to minimize activity and allow her brain to rest. They say a resting brain will be less inclined to swell.

So far the treatment is working good.

I have to believe the prayers are helping too.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Words fail me. We are so sorry for her boyfriends loss and are praying for peace for his family. Also praying for your daughter and her friend to make a complete recovery. Be strong.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So sorry to read this, 64. You have our thoughts and prayers. You hang in there too.