Nascar Race #21 - Pocono BSOD 400

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
With 6 races until the Chase, we are in the Pocono Mountains for what used to be called the Pennsylvania 400. Cup and Trucks are competing here, while the X-Men are running in Iowa. The Cup and Truck schedule from MRN;

bsod.PNG

And the MRN schedule for X-Men at Iowa;

iowa.PNG

The weather forecast for Pocono looks OK, so hopefully a dry weekend for once.

The Cup race has 43 entrants. Jeb will race no matter how his qualifying goes. :smile: Jr. has a new sponsor befitting this race. The scheme is appropriate as well.

jr.PNGFrom promising white abruptly switching to BSOD blue, not even a fade. :D

News and Notes
  • The Indy high downforce aero package will be used at Michigan. I'm sure the drivers will be happy. :blue: Some complained that the cars were lacking air flow through the car and were very hot. A few needed treatment after the race. The only ones liking the package are Mike Helton and Kyle Busch.
  • The #98 was penalized for losing a 35 lb. unattached weight at Indy. Timmy Hill wrecked during practice and the chunk fell off when the tow truck drug the back of the car. I don't know - It seems like the weight was unattached by the tow truck dragging the back of the car on the track. :noidea:
  • On the penalty subject - The Newman and Mears teams got the dreaded letter for making too many passes through inspection. Oh you naughty boys!
  • The Pocano tunnel turn bumps are gone. Long a fixture adding to the difficulty of Pocono, the turn has been milled and repaved. Let's disallow shifting there, too. Whaddaya say, Denny?
  • TV - Ratings down again. The only cable race so far that didn't sink is Kentucky and it stayed the same as last year.
The Silly Season
It's time to start taking about what is ofter referred to as the "Silly Season" when driver changes are rumored along with other rumors and not rumors, which set the stage for next season. So here goes;​
  • SHR says they are almost down to dotting "i"s and crossing "t"s on Danica's contract extension. Still working sponsors since GoDaddy is done at the end of the year.
  • Johnson still has no Hendrick contract extension. He reportedly turned down a lifetime contract, I guess similar to Gordon's with Hendrick.
  • Rob Kauffman, principal owner (Mr. Money Bags) of Mikey's MWR, is is leaving and buying part of Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates. Sabates said he isn't going anywhere for 5 more years when he turns 75. Mikey said I'm screwed!
  • Along with the the MWR and CGRWFS announcement, several drivers are in flux. Rumor is that Bowyer will move with Kauffman to Ganassi. Ragan may return to MWR and Vickers says he wants to come back. Vickers is very iffy given his medical issues.
  • Almost done - Furniture Row really wants to switch to Toyota and MWR may switch to Chevy. Manufacturer switch in the works?
iboats Fantasy Live
FlaCowboy is eating our lunch and throwing those rib bones on the track in front of us. He won for the 6th time! All these :first:s are gonna cause a sinkhole under his mancave. :eek: He also has a 325 point lead in the overall standings.​
Get your picks updated before race on Sunday. Good luck, iboaters.

H_B

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, that's one way for Jeb to make the race....

GA_Boater

Kyle Busch isn't easing up in his quest to make the Chase. He has the pole for tomorrow's race. The rest of the top 12 are Harvick, Logano, Dillon, Stewart, Ku. Busch, Kenseth, Edwards, Keselowski, Gordon, Hamlin and Johnson.

With all the talk of change at MWR, maybe this is the shape of things to come? This is an older story, but maybe?

tesla.PNG

GA_Boater

Well, that's one way for Jeb to make the race....

Wrecking during practice doesn't help his cause. It's a good thing no cars were in the first few pit stalls. Needless to say, he'll be starting in the back. But he's used to that.

Shrubby won the Truck race and over in Iowa, X-Man Blaney took care of business and led most of the race on the way to the win.

The XFINITY race also marked the Kenny Wallace retirement from racing in the top three Nascar divisions. Wallace still plans on running in short track races on dirt tracks.

GA_Boater

Kahne just did the same thing as Jeb, only in the race and into pit #38. Kahne messed up the pit wall.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I guess Casey figured Jeb had so much fun yesterday he would try to copy him today!, looked like a mirror image of yesterdays crash by Jeb!

GA_Boater

Almost deja vu, just a little further down the pits. I bet a rule change is coming this week about civilians in the pits.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Wrecking during practice doesn't help his cause. It's a good thing no cars were in the first few pit stalls. Needless to say, he'll be starting in the back. But he's used to that.

Shrubby won the Truck race and over in Iowa, X-Man Blaney took care of business and led most of the race on the way to the win.

The XFINITY race also marked the Kenny Wallace retirement from racing in the top three Nascar divisions. Wallace still plans on running in short track races on dirt tracks.

Thanks for the update, Humpy. I thought Kenny retired long ago........

GA_Boater

I need that car, Musky. LOL From the car show yesterday?

Now Hornish eats the wall.

GA_Boater

Ooops - Sam ate Shrubby Sr. after the #41 spun from contact.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Kyle Busch isn't easing up in his quest to make the Chase. He has the pole for tomorrow's race. The rest of the top 12 are Harvick, Logano, Dillon, Stewart, Ku. Busch, Kenseth, Edwards, Keselowski, Gordon, Hamlin and Johnson.

With all the talk of change at MWR, maybe this is the shape of things to come? This is an older story, but maybe?

Heck, why not run a small electric series, the Formula series is doing it and they have had some good races, I could see and E series on the short tracks, be interesting to see how quick these guys could jump out of one and get into another car.

GA_Boater

Kenseth wins a fuel mileage race. Wishbonekiller wins FL.

sam60

Captain
Wishbonethekiller made good pics....just not sure how long ago he made them....congrats wishbone. :D