Will these suffice?

thedinz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I decided I want to try skiing. Have only tubed before.

So found a cheap pair of ski's on Craigslist, figured I didn't want to buy the best of the best until I try it.

So anywho here are the ski's i bought, will the do ok? The seem prettu wide, which to my understanding means they are good for beginners?

The issue of concern for me is the boots or lack there of i should say, i dont know maybe this rubber makeshift boot things are normal?

Thanks in advanced.

fetch

Attachments

• photo226125.jpg
    photo226125.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0

firstx1017

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We bought a cheap pair to learn on and these look wide also. They are easy to learn on - but after you are able to get up and cross the wakes several times you may want narrower ones. After we got a set of narrower skis (but kept the widers ones to use for beginners we would bring along) and I double ski'd with my son and I used the wider skis - I wanted to go back to the narrower skis. Don't worry about not having a full boat - those binding will work fine for beginning.

If you decide you really like skiing - then you may want to look into other ones - I just keep finding bargains on craigslist or ebay and have never bought new.

Good luck - and remember, stay squatted! Knees to chest! lol

firstx1017

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We bought a cheap pair to learn on and they were wide also. They are easy to learn on - but after you are able to get up and cross the wakes several times you may want narrower ones. After we got a set of narrower skis (we kept the wide skis to use for beginners who came along) and I double ski'd with my son I used the wider skis and after that I wanted to go back to the narrower skis. Don't worry about not having a full boot - those bindings will work fine for beginning.

If you decide you really like skiing - then you may want to look into other ones - I just keep finding bargains on craigslist or ebay and have never bought new.

Good luck - and remember, stay squatted! Knees to chest! lol

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
Those are normal sized skis and bindings for combo skis. you should be fine.