pro tubers step inside

lookin to catch big air from out of our sea ray with wake tower tubing , any good tips ? saw on you tube hard to tell but looks like shorter rope ???????
thanks for ur time

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
most towers are not designed for pulling tubes

oldjeep

Admiral
most towers are not designed for pulling tubes

Yup, good way to really screw up your boat and potentially injure someone.

On a side note, are there actually pro tubers? Sounds like a pro division of sitting on the couch eating chips.

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Yes, a bit shorter tube rope of 50' - 60' makes it easier to whip a tube outside the wake.

Experiment with your trim (up) and speed (slow) to generate the largest wakes your boat can produce. Bow-high, plowing water, just below plane is what you are looking for.

Now get your boat up on plane, Circle back around into the large wakes you just left, timing it so the tube whipping ouside the wake is launched. Circle around and repeat. Slow back down, create big waves and do it again.

Can't tell by your post if you are driver and/or rider. If driver only, you need to get on the tube and have someone with skill pull you through a series of these. It helps to experience what it is like as rider (it can get out of hand and too wild in a hurry) before you drive pulling a tube yourself.

Since the person on the tube is literally "along for the ride" (no skill really, just grip strength) its the boat driver's responsibility to to NOT provide a wilder ride than is asked for.

This erratic driving, spinning and wave-making is generally annoying to other boaters so I recommend finding a less busy corner of the lake.

Stay safe and have fun out there!

Last edited:
Yes, a bit shorter tube rope of 50' - 60' makes it easier to whip a tube outside the wake.

Experiment with your trim (up) and speed (slow) to generate the largest wakes your boat can produce. Bow-high, plowing water, just below plane is what you are looking for.

Now get your boat up on plane, Circle back around into the large wakes you just left, timing it so the tube whipping ouside the wake is launched. Circle around and repeat. Slow back down, create big waves and do it again.

Can't tell by your post if you are driver and/or rider. If driver only, you need to get on the tube and have someone with skill pull you through a series of these. It helps to experience what it is like as rider (it can get out of hand and too wild in a hurry) before you drive pulling a tube yourself.

Since the person on the tube is literally "along for the ride" (no skill really, just grip strength) its the boat driver's responsibility to to NOT provide a wilder ride than is asked for.

This erratic driving, spinning and wave-making is generally annoying to other boaters so I recommend finding a less busy corner of the lake.

Stay safe and have fun out there!

ok so we tried what you described and it werks AWESOME ! THANK YOU ! my son can now kick out barrel rolls ON A TUBE with his strength and skills. were now werkin on jump body flip , thats where you catch air and flip forward while tube stays in normal jumpin position. here is some of the non skilled guys tubin if you care to ck out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P6lkNXKdAU

moosehead

Chief Petty Officer
Nice! Our kids started out with some benign tubing but have kicked the captain to crank it up. We've even had dueling gladiator tubing, and in the case of an aggressive teenager, managed to hit a surf boat's wakes at a perfect 90 degrees at the whip getting some serious vertical. You gotta have a careful eye towards safety, but even our somewhat timid family has seen some aggressive, not necessarily pro, tubing action.

moosehead

Chief Petty Officer
^That one dood in the green headband looks like Kenny Powers going pro tubin! I may have to step up my on-the-water wardrobe and add some hair extentions.

our son just pulled off flat water roll , was really neat ! some on lookers in other boats were checkin us our and i could hear one guy sayin hell yea ! lol !