Best skiing spot on Lake Cumberland, KY?

h20skiluvr

Cadet
I posted this question in "destinations" but wanted to see if some of the ole ski heads would know. Headed back down to Cumberland for some well deserved R & R. Went down 4 years ago and absolutely loved it. We're again renting the houseboat, and towing my Prostar behind it, until we find a cove. 2 questions- Any big changes there since 2010? What part has the best skiing? Wasn't bad when I went last time, just checking to see if I missed the "sweet spot"- thanks much-

alldodge

Staff member
Last time I skied on Cumberland it was rough, love the lake just very few spots to get out of the rough water. Best place to ski or just float and relax IMO is Dale, there are coves everywhere

h20skiluvr

Cadet
Appreciate it AllDodge, just trying to find the glass. I know there are a lot of creeks and coves that break off the main channel, I'm gonna go for one of those. I was on the LC forum and a couple guys were talking about Caney Creek and Caney Fork, that's in the Northern part, which I didn't check out last time. Now if the weather would just cooperate...