Best slalom prop for '85 sea sprite

t_south91

Seaman
Hey all,

Looking for ideas on a prop for a 1985 sea sprite with a 3.8l OMC motor. 185hp. 18ft boat. 1900lbs dry.
Just want to be able to ski with 4-5 people in the boat. The heaviest of my group in 220lbs.

Let me know what y'all think!
Thanks!!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Re: Best slalom prop for '85 sea sprite

At first blush, I'd say a 19P prop would do the trick...larger diameter (not sure how large of a diameter your particular drive can handle, but you can figure that out by looking at propellers for your motor/outdrive on iboats). 4 blade will give a little extra umph, however, you might lose a mph or so? If the boat is running properly, then that should do it...if you want to be sure then a 17P will will certainly get 'er dun in hurry!? They key to proper selection is WOT? If you can, try a couple of local boat shop's props? You'll want your top rpms to come in the range of what the motor manufacturer suggest?

t_south91

Seaman
Re: Best slalom prop for '85 sea sprite

Yea I love the idea of a 4 blade but I just didn't want that to be to heavy and bog it down. My buddy put one on his outboard and it didn't work that well.
I'll definitely look at the 19p props bc I still wanna have some good top end. Or maybe I'll just get 2 haha. One for when I wanna ski and another when I feel like cruising around.
Thanks for the help!